eBay U.K. Launches Shopping Basket Test, Offering Many Conveniences
By: eBay Inc. Staff
Customers can get better prices, shipping discounts, and more
eBay has launched its Shopping Basket customer beta test on its eBay U.K. online site, with new features that will let users compare the total price of items, take advantage of shipping discounts, and pay for multiple items from various sellers in one checkout flow. Anyone can opt-in to the beta test and provide feedback, and many users will appreciate the opportunity to collect items in a basket and simply click a remove button any time they find lower-priced replacements.
eBay plans to produce customer-focused improvements to its Shopping Basket offering throughout the remainder of this year and into next, and is interested in customer feedback. According to a post from the eBay U.K. team, “We are excited about this launch and look forward to your feedback and suggestions. Do send us your comments through the ‘Send us feedback’ link on the top right corner of your shopping basket page. With this test version, adjustments will be made regularly to implement members’ feedback.”
“I’ve made some purchases using the shopping basket and everything appears to be working as it should,” Chris Dawson reported in a Tamebay post, also noting that eBay users have expressed strong interest in the new initiative. “It comes as a welcome addition to the site,” he added.
Among the conveniences that the Shopping Basket beta offers:
- Customers can purchase everything in their baskets at checkout, or just pay for some collected items
- A menu bar-based basket icon makes a customer’s basket always available
- Buyers can use baskets to purchase from multiple sellers
- Items from ended auctions won by bidders automatically show up in their baskets
- Customers can take advantage of an Add to Basket button to replace the Buy It Now button for fixed-price items.
Opt-in now to try the many new features in the Shopping Basket beta test, and provide your feedback.