Open Your Closet to New Fashion Finds
By: Sue Rosenstock
On June 7, eBay launched the Selling Style Studio in New York, showing off our new simplified selling experience. The team introduced the Chic Squad – “a team of sartorially-savvy experts who inspire selling on eBay.” Led by celeb/fashion stylist Brad Goreski, the Chic Squad helps fashionistas open their closets to new fashion finds, offering advice on what to sell and how to sell it.
The new simplified selling experience enables users to sell in just four simple steps:
- SCRIPT: Fill in the information about what you’re selling.
- SHOOT: Snap a photo of your item.
- PRICE: Set your price and select a shipping option.
- LIST: List your item.
Katie Little, from CNBC.com, attended the press preview and described the simplified selling process in a feature: What’s in Your Closet? eBay Wants a Peek.
Here are some notable quotes from the press:
– “All eyes were on the perennially bow tie-clad Brad Goreski at 21 Grams in New York last night as he celebrated his new gig with eBay. The online shopping site is launching Selling Style Studio pop-up shops in New York, Dallas, Los Angeles, and San Francisco to offer fashionable listing tips and advice to sellers. As part of the Chic Squad, Goreski will be on hand in the Meatpacking District on Friday and Saturday doling out listing secrets.” – Styleite
– “eBay is hitting the road this summer with its “Selling Style Tour,” essentially pop-up shops in cities across the country where members of its Chic Squad will offer advice and also some lessons in how to sell things on eBay. First up, New York this weekend where Brad Goreski will be doling out advice. (The tour is scheduled to hit Los Angeles July 13 and 14.)” — Los Angeles Times
– “Since the evening was all about getting rid of lost loves — also known as the pieces in your closet you know you’ll never wear — and replacing them with something new, we asked Brad, also part of eBay’s chic squad, to share his thoughts on editing our wardrobe.” — FabSugar
– “eBay is about to get a lot cooler thanks to their new selling studio, super easy mobile apps, and a familiar face, star of “It’s a Brad, Brad World” Mr. Brad Goreski”. — Entertainista
Check out the video to see Brad in action.