PayPal Leadership Change: David Marcus Stepping Down
By: John Donahoe
David Marcus is leaving PayPal at the end of June to lead Facebook's messaging products.
We wish David well and thank him for his leadership and commitment to PayPal. As the head of PayPal for the past two years, David reinvigorated product design to deliver compelling consumer experiences and energized the team to make a great business better. An entrepreneur at heart, David has made a career decision to focus on what he loves most – leading smaller teams to create great product experiences.
David leaves behind a strong leadership team. They are committed to not skipping a beat on executing our plans, scaling product innovation and driving global growth. PayPal's leadership team will report to me until a new president is named.
I want to thank all of our PayPal employees for what they do every day, and for enabling our 148 million active users to make frictionless payments in 193 markets worldwide.
- In Search of the Brightest and the Best: Celebrating Small Businesses on eBay
- eBay Inc. Reports First Quarter 2016 Results
- eBay's Wine Experience Gives Shoppers a Way to Find the Perfect Bottle of Wine
- Leaning Into the Future of E-Commerce
- StubHub Introduces Virtual Reality to Help Fans Choose their Seat
- The Sharing Economy Pays it Forward