eBay sponsor Shazam App for Android giving users unlimited tagging
By: Richard Brewer-Hay
Shazam updated its Android App today bringing unlimited tagging sponsored by eBay for all “Shazamers” using the Shazam Free App and “Shazam Friends”, a real-time feed with the App of songs that Facebook friends have tagged. This essentially creates a continuously updating list for Shazamers to discover and share new music with their friends.
The deal with eBay means that instead of just five free tags in a month, users can now tag as much music as they want between now and January 1st, 2012. This is the first exclusive App sponsorship deal agreed by eBay anywhere in the world, and the first time Shazam has selected a partner to provide free services to their customers.
RBH, Addison & Quincy
About Shazam Friends
Shazam Friends is easy to set up and, upon updating the App, a new “Friends” tab will appear. Once a Shazamer logs into their Facebook account and confirms they would like to connect and share with friends, they can:
• Browse all of their friends’ tags, watch music videos, read reviews, access biographies and get artist tour information
• See all recent tags from a particular friend in one list
• Add friends’ tags to their Shazam tag list
• Purchase the track
• Where available, use streaming services to play the song from their playlist
• Post tags to Facebook and Twitter, add comments, and give their friends a chance to comment
• Encourage friends to join them in using Shazam Friends