The biggest holiday shopping days of the year are happening right now, and data from eBay is revealing all of this season’s hottest trends. We’re providing several unique ways to visualize this holiday season’s hot gift items, including a heat map graphic that you can interact with for custom views of eBay’s rich transactional data.
From trending toys to the hottest electronics and fashion choices, you can surface the top-selling holiday items in North America using a new, interactive map that we’ve created. It is found here.
Once you’re looking at the map, click on any state in North America and then you can sort by product category to see trending gift ideas.
We’re also reporting here on the hottest items selling on eBay from Thanksgiving through Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Based on data for Black Friday, Nov. 27, shoppers went for the gift that keeps on giving: gift cards.
- Motivated by discounts on the face value of gift cards – and the availability of digital delivery – shoppers bought more than11,000 iTunes gift cards, and gift cards for Lowe’s and Toys R Us sold out.
And the Force was strong on Black Friday, with a Star Wars related item selling every six seconds on eBay.
- In total, shoppers purchased approx. 15,000 Star Wars items on eBay yesterday.
Below, you can find more information on popular deals, top-selling items, and the significant shift shoppers continued to make to mobile.
Top 5 Daily Deals on eBay in the U.S. for Nov. 27, based on total sold items in the U.S.
- $100 iTunes gift card for $80 (1 sold every 5 seconds)
- $200 Lowes gift card for $175 (sold out in 12 hours; 1 sold every 9 seconds)
- $100 Toys R Us gift card for $85 (sold out; 1 sold every 6 seconds)
- $50 Gamestop gift card with $10 bonus code (1 sold every 14 seconds)
- Acer 11.6” Chromebook and Microsoft Xbox One Fallout 4 Bundle (1 of each sold every 6 seconds)
Most Popular Items in the U.S. for Nov. 27, based on total sold items in the U.S.
Top 5 selling electronics
- WD My Passport Ultra Black 2 TB external hard drive
- Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership for Xbox 360 / XBOX ONE
- Lenovo 15.6" B50-45 Notebook
- Apple iPhone 6S 4.7" 64GB GSM Factory Unlocked
- Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Bundle
Top 5 selling toys & games
- Drone: Syma X5C Explorers 2.4G 4CH 6-Axis Gyro remote-controlled quadcopter with HD Camera
- Hasbro Pie Face game
- Cards Against Humanity
- Hot Wheels Super Loop Chase Race Trackset BGJ55-CO
- Nerf Zombie Strike Dominator Blaster
Top 5 selling fashion items – women
- Vera Bradley Clare Crossbody bag and Grand Tote bag
- Ugg Australia Classic Short Women Suede Winter Boot
- 1.00ct TDW Diamond Chevron Bracelet
- Ray-Ban Sunglasses – choice of Wayfarers or Aviators
- Swiss Blue Topaz & Natural Diamond Accent Teardrop Pendant in Sterling Silver
Top 5 selling fashion items – men
- FILA Men's Vulc 13 Shoes
- Nautica Blue and Nautica Classic men’s cologne
- Ck One by Calvin Klein Cologne
- Ray-Ban Sunglasses - Your choice of Wayfarers or Aviators
- Invicta Russian Diver 1091 Wrist Watch for Men
A Mobile Note: On Thanksgiving Day, eBay mobile GMB (gross merchandise bought) increased 25% year-over-year, with shoppers making sure their mobile devices kept them connected to deals and sales.
What’s hot today
- eBay predicts another best-seller – the Barbie Dream House – and is offering the lowest price online. The Target store on eBay has the Barbie Dream House for $129.99, a 26% discount, with free standard shipping in the U.S.
To find more information on all of eBay’s holiday shopping promotions, please visit our Wish Bigger holiday hub at www.ebay.com/holiday. And of course, you can keep track of continuously updated holiday deals here.
At eBay, we want to make your holiday wishes come true, and we encourage everyone to Wish Bigger this season.