Batman and the Joker have been having a moment this year – Batman with his 80th anniversary and Joker breaking box office records with his movie release – but data shows Batman is still a fan favorite on eBay.
In fact, according to eBay data, shoppers have searched for Batman 177% more than the Joker over the past year. Beginning today through December 11, eBay and DC are partnering to celebrate the year of Batman, bringing hard to find Batman comics, collectibles and more to comic book enthusiasts and shoppers everywhere. Shoppers can own a piece of the 80-year Batman franchise history on eBay.com/dccomics, with must-have graphic novels and trade paperbacks, as well as graded copies, through December 11.
Here is a preview of what’s available:
- The Batman Who Laughs: He’s got the brains of the Dark Knight and the insanity of the Joker. It’s Batman versus his twisted reflection in the Batman Who Laughs graphic novel by Scott Snyder and Jock.
- Batman: Damned: The Joker is Dead. Did Batman kill him? He’ll go to hell and back to find out in Batman: Damned, a new graphic novel by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo.
- Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass: Discover how a weird kid from Gotham came of age and defined her world for herself in this graphic novel from # 1 New York Times bestselling author Mariko Tamaki and Eisner-nominated artist Steve Pugh.
- Batman: The Killing Joke: You’ve seen the hit movie. Now read the best-selling, acclaimed graphic novel by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland which tells the definitive origin of The Joker.
"We are excited to partner with DC and countless comic shops selling on eBay with this collection of must-read graphic novels from the DC Universe. It offers long time Bat-fans and new comic readers alike a place to shop a variety of inventory and also pay tribute to 80 years of Batman,” said Tyler Larkins, Head of Comics and Entertainment Memorabilia. “Comic shops represent the majority of all the great comic book inventory found on eBay, and shoppers can score everything from the newest Batman items to rare DC collectibles and merchandise from these trusted sellers.”
Additionally, eBay is unveiling new data from the ultimate Dark Knight fans, tapping into sales and search shopping trends for Batman and his arch nemesis, the Joker, to determine who comes out on top in the marketplace.
eBay x Batman x Joker by the Numbers
- Good triumphs over evil on the marketplace. During the past year, eBay shoppers have searched for Batman 177% more than The Joker.
- The anticipation for Todd Phillip’s Joker release caused costume searches for the Joker to increase 75% from September to October 2019.
- Batman movies that feature the Joker are topping the charts! The Dark Knight is 134% more popular than any other Batman movie on eBay.
- 2019 was a big year for comic books: Batman comics out sold comics featuring the Joker by 194%.
- Batman collectibles are still a fan favorite on the marketplace. Within the past year, Batman has outsold The Joker by 193%.
- The Joker might have an impact in the movie space, but not in the world of action figures. Batman toys are still nearly 170% more popular than the Joker’s.
Shoppers can head to ebay.com/dccomics to check out the collection now.