All, eBay announced its third and final seller release for 2010 this morning. All updates are scheduled to launch the week of September 7 unless otherwise noted.
I sat down with Dinesh Lathi, VP of Buying and Selling Experience for eBay, while we were in Chicago for eBay: On Location to talk more about the updates coming in the Fall. Here you go…
From the AB post:
Stay on top with great value and service
• New shopping experience for iPod/MP3 players, GPS, and DVDs highlights great eBay values on these hot holiday products. Starting mid-September, listing with the eBay catalog will be required in these subcategories (Auction-style and Fixed Price, including Good ‘Til Cancelled). Pay no Insertion Fees when you list or relist with the catalog.
• eBay Listing Analytics application gives you new insight into how your listings are performing: impressions, clicks, sales.
• Bulk-edit more fields, revise up to 500 listings at once with new functionality in the eBay bulk edit and relist flow.
• Get your unpaid items re-listed and back in front of buyers fast with auto-relist option in Unpaid Item Assistant. Choose to exempt some customers from the automated process.
Shipping enhancements improve service, reduce buyer questions
• Industry-standard shipping terms —Economy, Standard, Expedited, and One-day—used to describe domestic shipping services. Shipping options displayed prominently along with estimated delivery time on the item page and in checkout.
• Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii, APO/FPO addresses, and special US areas such as Guam and Puerto Rico: Exclude these buyers or show exact charges based on their location.
• Pass on your shipping discounts to buyers with the Shipping Calculator: Specify one domestic and one international discount.
• Low-cost shipping insurance: Available exclusively with eBay label printing.
Streamline buyer communications
• Updates to reduce and manage buyer contacts: Ask a question link moved down on item page; Automated Answers turned on for all sellers.
• Enhancements to My Messages: Use it as your central inbox for buyer email with out-of-office reply, customized email signatures, and message filtering.
Complete details can be found HERE.