For the first time, eBay shoppers can vote for the holiday deals they want. On Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 26) eBay is launching the “Wish Bigger Wishbone.” Inspired by the classic tradition of breaking the turkey wishbone, eBay will pair two different deals against each other every hour from 4:00 p.m. ET to 10:00 p.m. ET. Potential deals are up to 70% off MSRP on new, in-demand gifts ranging from top tech, to fashion accessories, toys and home appliances. The winning deal will “break open” at the end of each hour.
Shoppers can visit ebay-wish-bigger.com on desktop, mobile or tablet web today to preview deals, and can vote at the same address on Thanksgiving Day. eBay Wish Bigger Wishbone deals on Thanksgiving Day include1:
- 4:00 p.m. ET: KitchenAid Artisan Series Tilt-Head Stand Mixer (37% off) vs KitchenAid Digital Display 4-Slice Toaster (33% off) - winner unlocks at 4:59 p.m. ET
- 5:00 p.m. ET: Monster High Monster Maker toy (44% off) vs FisherPrice Imaginext Monster University Scare Factory toy (38% off) - winner unlocks at 5:59 p.m. ET
- 6:00 p.m. ET: GoPro Hero4 (25% off) 4 vs Apple Watch 38mm Stainless Steel Case (18% off) - winner unlocks at 6:59 p.m. ET
- 7:00 p.m. ET: Prada Sunglasses (53% off) vs Bell & Ross Airspeed Watch (60% off) - winner unlocks at 7:59 p.m. ET
- 8:00 p.m. ET: Nyne TT Bluetooth Speaker (53% off) vs Phiaton MS530 On-Ear Headphones (71% off) winner unlocks at 8:59 p.m. ET
- 9:00 p.m. ET: NutriNinja Blender Duo (28% off) vs Hamilton Beach Coffeemaker and Can Opener (31% off) winner unlocks at 9:59 p.m. ET
Once a deal unlocks, it will last until the available inventory has sold out. Shoppers who share their votes on Twitter or Facebook will also have a chance to win a $20 eBay gift card.
According to eBay data, last year’s mobile shopping peaked at 9 p.m. EST on Thanksgiving Day. This year, the Wish Bigger Wishbone delivers the deals people want most and allows them to skip the chaos – but not the savings – of Black Friday.
For more information, video and images, visit our Press Room.
eBay by the numbers:
- eBay has 159 million active buyers and 800 million listings at any given time
- 79% of merchandise sold on eBay is new
- ~84% of GMV on eBay is fixed price
- The majority (63%) of items on eBay ship for free
- Virtually all of the items on eBay are backed by a Money Back Guarantee
- There are 300 million searches each day on eBay
- eBay apps have been downloaded 291 million times across the globe
1 Percentage off based is on MSRP; deal prices are subject to change, please check the website for final prices.