LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Magento, the leading eCommerce platform*, today opens its third annual global eCommerce conference, Imagine eCommerce 2013, at the M Resort. The three-day event brings together over 1500 merchants, partners, developers and enthusiasts from more than 35 countries to network and share their ecommerce ideas, innovations and best practices around the Magento Platform.
Themed “The Art of Commerce,” Imagine 2013 brings to life how to engage customers in today’s global, omnichannel commerce reality. Among the featured industry thought leaders and innovators speaking at the event are:
- John Donahoe, President and CEO of eBay Inc., responsible for leading one of the most remarkable turnarounds in tech history.
- Steven Levitt, economist and co-author to Freakonomics and Super Freakonomics, which are among the best-selling and most-discussed economics books ever published.
- Jeff Jordan, an investing partner at Andreessen Horowitz who currently serves on the board of many portfolio companies including Airbnb, Belly, Fab, Lookout and Pinterest.
- Jamie Clark, an inspirational speaker and the founder of LiveOutThere.com, a website dedicated to serving people passionate about the great outdoors.
- Jane McGonigal, a world-renowned creator of alternate reality games, and author of The New York Times bestselling book “Reality is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and “How They Can Change the World.”
Speakers will discuss their insights in enhancing the customer experience, embracing innovation to drive future business results, and taking risks and adapting their businesses to the constantly changing eCommerce landscape.
In addition, the sold-out event features 19 technical workshops and breakout sessions and developer certification trainings for Magento solution partners. Imagine 2013 session highlights include SEO/SEM trends, best hosting practices, the where, why and how of responsive web design, as well as using data driven insights to grow revenue.
“For solution partners like us, Imagine continues to be the marquee ecommerce event, providing our team with numerous opportunities to learn and exchange real-world strategies with both the partner community and leading merchants,” noted Brian Grady, principal at Gorilla Group. “From the keynote presentations to the informal networking opportunities, Imagine offers a wealth of information about where the ever-changing ecommerce landscape is heading.”
The Magento eCommerce platform serves more than 150,000 merchants worldwide and is supported by a global ecosystem of solution partners and third-party developers. Magento is a feature-rich, open-source, enterprise-class platform that offers merchants a high degree of flexibility and control over the user experience, catalog, content and functionality of their online store. In August 2011, Magento was acquired by eBay Inc., and is now a division of X.commerce, Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY).
* Source: Tom Robertshaw eCommerce Survey, March 27, 2013: http://tomrobertshaw.net/2013/03/feb-2013-ecommerce-survey/