StubHub’s summer preview looks at U.S tour dates between Memorial Day and Labor Day 2018. Data is current as of May 30, 2018.
StubHub compiled their fourth-annual preview of the concert landscape, breaking down the most in-demand touring acts of Summer 2018. Highlights include:
- Taylor Swift returns to the top of StubHub’s list, unseating U2, who ranked as last summer’s top-selling act.
- Ed Sheeran commands the most sales per show on StubHub, marking his strongest demand on StubHub since he started touring.
- Nostalgia acts are also a significant portion of the summer touring landscape, with acts on the list representing a range of five different decades, the ‘90s trending highest among acts that span five different decades.
BACK AT THE TOP
- Taylor Swift outsells #2 act, The Eagles, by more than 40% of their total sales and #3 act, Harry Styles, by over 65%
- Swift’s average ticket price is 21% less than her 1989 Tour in 2015
- Journey & Def Leppard’s co-headlining tour is the busiest tour schedule of any of the acts taking the top-10 list with a whopping 44 dates this summer.
- The Eagles command the #2 most in-demand act, despite having the least amount of tour dates from the list (and about half of the dates as Taylor Swift)
- Sam Smith is the most affordable tour this summer with average ticket prices ranking 4% cheaper than the next most affordable act, Kenny Chesney. Smith’s Philadelphia show on July 4th at Wells Fargo Center is the most affordable at an average ticket price of $101.
- The best fan deal scored so far on StubHub this Summer was for Harry Styles, at only $6 for the Indianapolis show on June 27 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- Catch Harry for a third of the price from his fall leg this time around.
For the complete report, please visit the StubHub Press Box.