StubHub Reveals the Top U.S. Music Tours of Summer 2018
By: StubHub News Team
Taylor Swift leads total sales; Ed Sheeran leads per show; acts spanning decades dominate.
StubHub’s summer preview looks at U.S tour dates between Memorial Day and Labor Day 2018. Data is current as of May 30, 2018.
StubHub compiled their fourth-annual preview of the concert landscape, breaking down the most in-demand touring acts of Summer 2018. Highlights include:
- Taylor Swift returns to the top of StubHub’s list, unseating U2, who ranked as last summer’s top-selling act.
- Ed Sheeran commands the most sales per show on StubHub, marking his strongest demand on StubHub since he started touring.
- Nostalgia acts are also a significant portion of the summer touring landscape, with acts on the list representing a range of five different decades, the ‘90s trending highest among acts that span five different decades.
BACK AT THE TOP
- Taylor Swift outsells #2 act, The Eagles, by more than 40% of their total sales and #3 act, Harry Styles, by over 65%
- Swift’s average ticket price is 21% less than her 1989 Tour in 2015
- Journey & Def Leppard’s co-headlining tour is the busiest tour schedule of any of the acts taking the top-10 list with a whopping 44 dates this summer.
- The Eagles command the #2 most in-demand act, despite having the least amount of tour dates from the list (and about half of the dates as Taylor Swift)
- Sam Smith is the most affordable tour this summer with average ticket prices ranking 4% cheaper than the next most affordable act, Kenny Chesney. Smith’s Philadelphia show on July 4th at Wells Fargo Center is the most affordable at an average ticket price of $101.
- The best fan deal scored so far on StubHub this Summer was for Harry Styles, at only $6 for the Indianapolis show on June 27 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- Catch Harry for a third of the price from his fall leg this time around.
For the complete report, please visit the StubHub Press Box.