Toronto, July 7, 2017 — Today, eBay announced the launch of a Price Match Guarantee in the Canadian market, just in time for its summer Deals event, running July 10-18 at eBay.ca/deals. Launching on Monday, July 10, this new eBay program guarantees that eligible deals will be offered at the best price online, or eBay will match the lower price of a competitor.
“Our deals are incredibly competitive, but with eBay Price Match Guarantee, shoppers will have even more confidence knowing that when they shop on eBay.ca, they’re getting the best value available in Canada,” said Andrea Stairs, managing director, eBay Canada. “This launch comes at a time when we’re seeing tremendous growth in the eBay.ca Deals program – in fact, in the first three months of the year, volume was up 75 per cent.”
eBay Deals has some of the best prices available in Canada. If a shopper finds a competitor offering the same product for less, once verified, eBay Canada will offer a coupon for the difference in price that can be used towards the purchase of the item. Items eligible for the Price Match Guarantee* are:
- New: Brand new, in retail packaging, and available daily in the Canadian eBay Deals program
- Identical and Available: Both items must be exactly the same and currently in stock
- Competitors: Amazon.ca, BestBuy.ca, Walmart.ca
Good Deals Everyday – No Membership Required
eBay Deals are open to everyone – no membership required – and include in-demand products from across all eBay categories such as consumer electronics, home & garden and fashion, at up to 60 per cent off. All Canadian deals include free shipping within Canada.** eBay’s most trusted sellers participate in the eBay Deals platform, ranging from major consumer brands to smaller merchants looking to broaden their customer base. At any given time, there are tens of thousands of items offered through eBay Deals, and ‘featured deals’ are updated at least once a day starting at 8 a.m. PT.
eBay Price Match Guarantee launches just in time to kick off eBay Canada’s summer Deals event, running July 10-18, where shoppers can get even deeper discounts of up to 70 per cent off on items they need and want for the season. Here is a preview of some of the deals you can expect to find on eBay.ca/deals, starting next week:
- 50% off on LG Electronics 55” 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
- 20% off on Apple iPhone 7 128GB (Refurbished)
- 61% off on Apple iPad 3 16GB Wi-Fi and Cellular (Unlocked)
- 53% off on Cobra RC Toys 2.4GHZ Drone
- 28% off on Hoverzon S Self Balancing Hoverboard
- 52% off on Hamilton 22 Jet 6 Person Plug & Play Spa
- 31% off on Senville 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
eBay Deals Growth in Canada
- Deals sales volume has grown over 50 per cent over the past 12 months, with a 75 per cent growth in the first quarter of 2017
- Over the last three years, the number of Canadian sellers participating in the Deals program has grown by an average of 75 per cent, per year
- Over the last three years, the number of Canadian Deals listings has grown by an average of 110 per cent, per year
eBay by the Numbers***
- eBay has 169 million active buyers worldwide
- 80% of merchandise sold on eBay is new
- 87% of GMV on eBay is fixed price
- 1.1 billion listings are available at any given time
- Virtually all of the items on eBay are backed by a Money Back Guarantee
- eBay apps have been downloaded 349 million times across the globe
*Full terms will be available at eBay.ca upon launch
**Items located in Canada
***Based on Q1 2017 data
About eBay eBay Inc.
(NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2016, eBay enabled $84 billion of gross merchandise volume. eBay is visited by nearly 9 million unique Canadians per month (comScore Media Metrix: May, 2017). For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.