- Diversity and Inclusion
- Accountability and Transparency
- WIN: Empowering Female Employees at eBay
- Investing in the Community and Future Generations
Diversity and Inclusion
These are core values that inform the teams we build and how we do business every day. Fostering an inclusive culture with equal opportunity for all is critical to our continued success. We firmly believe that a diverse workforce leads to increased innovation and enables us to do an even better job of connecting with eBay’s hundreds of millions of merchants and customers around the world. Our latest diversity data is here.
Compliance & Ethics
Our Code of Business Conduct outlines our values and expectations for employees, including the legal requirements we must meet. eBay Inc. has established the Office of Compliance and Ethics to champion our Code and ensure that we meet our shared commitments. In addition to setting policies for the company, the office also conducts formal company-wide trainings, including the annual Code of Business Conduct training required of all employees. A network of Business Ethics Officers around the globe is also available to provide guidance around eBay Inc.’s compliance and ethics requirements, and if employees prefer, they can submit their questions or concerns anonymously through eBay Inc.’s 24-hour Integrity helpline.
eBay Inc. is currently governed by a 12-person Board of Directors, 10 of whom are considered independent under the listing standards of the Nasdaq Global Select Market. You can review the practices and policies that guide our Board and that reflect our strong commitment to our stockholders, community and employees here.
Our executives believe the success of our business is determined by the strength of the values with which it is run. From the highest levels of the company to the summer interns, we believe maintaining high ethical standards is everyone’s job.
We’re committed to conducting our business with the highest ethical standards and expect nothing less from our partners around the world. Our Supplier Code of Business Conduct and Ethics outlines the requirements and guidelines we set forth for all suppliers and vendors to ensure they reflect our values and operate responsibly.
The Code not only makes clear our requirements around business integrity and ethics, but also our expectations relating to environmental responsibility and labor and human rights. These are the same standards to which we hold ourselves accountable and as we continue to grow around the world, it’s important to us that all our suppliers, vendors and partners do the same.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Association of Corporate Contributions Professionals (ACCP)
- Advisory Council on Wildlife Trafficking
- The Aspen Institute
- Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs
- Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship (BCCCC)
- Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP)
- Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
- Business Forward
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Circular Economy 100/Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy (CECP)
- Cause Marketing Forum
- Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Charity Retail Association
- Council on Foundations
- Federation of Indian Export Organizations
- Forum for the Future
- International Trade Administration at the US Department of Commerce
- The Internet Association
- Markle Foundation
- Nonprofit Technology Enterprise Network (NTEN)
- Northern California Grantmakers
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group (SVLG)
- Sustainable Brands
- Technology Business Management Council
- World Economic Forum