Cyber Monday Recap: Top Selling Items on eBay
By: eBay News Team
Cyber Monday sales were brisk on eBay, and here are top selling items from our data troves.
The biggest holiday shopping days of the year are happening right now, and data from eBay is revealing all of this season’s hottest trends. We’re providing several unique ways to visualize this holiday season’s hot gift items, including a heat map graphic that you can interact with for custom views of eBay’s rich transactional data.
From trending toys to the hottest electronics and fashion choices, you can surface the top-selling holiday items in North America using a new, interactive map that we’ve created. It is found here.
Once you’re looking at the map, click on any state in North America and then you can sort by product category to see trending gift ideas.
We’ve also been reporting here on the hottest items selling on eBay from Thanksgiving through Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Based on data for Cyber Monday, electronics and toys continued to top wish lists as shoppers went to eBay for great deals on Lenovo and Apple laptops, hard-to-find hoverboards and the lowest price online for the Meccano Meccanoid G15 robot and Nerf Zombie Strike Doominator Blaster.
- eBay sold nearly 7,500 hoverboards on Cyber Monday, or 1 every 12 seconds.
- Star Wars continued to dominate, with eBay selling more than 19,000 Star Wars-related items on Cyber Monday, or 1 every 4.5 seconds.
Mobile shopping played a big role in the Cyber Weekend. eBay data shows mobile GMB share increased, on average, 12% year-over-year for the four days beginning on Thanksgiving (Nov. 26) through Sunday, Nov. 29.
Below, you can find more information on popular deals and top-selling items for Cyber Monday, Nov. 30:
Top 5 Daily Deals on eBay in the U.S. for Nov. 30, based on total sold items in the U.S.
- $100 ExxonMobile gift card for $92 (sold more than 7,000 in 15 hours, or 1 every 8 seconds)
- $200 eBay “Wish Bigger” gift card for $195
- $100 iTunes gift card for $80
- Lenovo ThinkPad 11.6” notebook (sold 2,600 units, or 1 every 23 seconds)
- Hoverboards (sold nearly 7,500 units on Cyber Monday, or 1 every 12 seconds)
Most Popular Items in the U.S. for Nov. 30, based on total sold items in the U.S.
Top 5 selling electronics
- Lenovo ThinkPad 11.6” notebook
- Apple MacBook Pro 13.3" Laptop (sold more than 1,600 units, or 1 every 36 seconds)
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband (refurbished)
- WD My Passport Ultra 3 TB external hard drive
- Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V 16GB Verizon + GSM Unlocked (sold 1 every 34 seconds)
Top 5 selling toys & games
- Meccano Meccanoid G15 (lowest price online)
- Furreal Friends Starlily, My Magical Unicorn
- Cards Against Humanity
- 2.4G 4CH Syma X5C 6-Axis Gyro Remote-Controlled Quadcopter With HD Camera
- Nerf Zombie Strike Doominator Blaster (lowest price online)
Top 5 selling fashion items – women
- 925 Silver Diamond Accent Snowflake Necklace (sold 1 every minute)
- 0.50ct TDW Black & White Diamond Open Heart Necklace
- Alpine Swiss Women's Leather Backpack
- Michael Kors Jet Set Signature Logo Tote
- Ray-Ban Sunglasses - Wayfarers or Aviators
Top 5 selling fashion items – men
- FILA Men’s Edgewater Boot (sold 1 pair every 23 seconds) and FILA Men's Vulc 13 Shoes (sold 1 pair every 47 seconds)
- FILA Men's EZ Street Extreme Shoes
- Michael Kors Passcase Leather Wallet
- Nautica Blue Men 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
- Crocs Santa Cruz Mens Loafer
To find more information on all of eBay’s holiday shopping promotions, please visit our Wish Bigger holiday hub at www.ebay.com/holiday.