ebay.com.au, Australia’s largest online marketplace, has announced the launch of its ultimate shopping membership program, eBay Plus.
Available from mid-June, eBay Plus will give members in Australia free delivery and returns on 15 million products1, transforming the online retail space by providing a smarter and more seamless shopping experience.
- More than one third of online shoppers collectively spend an estimated $730 million on delivery
- eBay Plus members receive free delivery and returns on 15 million eligible eBay Plus products
- 30-day free trial and Introductory offer of $29
eBay Plus membership allows shoppers the freedom to compare and choose products from the best in Australian retail on ebay.com.au, without the burden of ongoing delivery costs.
New research reveals that more than a third (36%) of Australia’s 13.6 million online shoppers spend over $71 on delivery each year, with almost 1 in 10 (8%) spending in excess of $2002. For these regular online shoppers, that’s an estimated $730 million they’re spending annually.3
Tim MacKinnon, Managing Director of eBay Australia & New Zealand, said the introduction of eBay Plus is a game-changer for Australian shoppers and will address the pain-point of delivery costs.
“We know our customers love the value and convenience of online shopping but our research shows the cost of delivery can stack up over time,“ MacKinnon said.
“eBay Plus is the ultimate shopping membership. It’s like getting free delivery from your local shopping center without leaving home. You sign up to eBay Plus and receive free delivery and returns on 15 million items from tens of thousands of Aussie retailers including Myer, Target and Chemist Warehouse. With exclusive deals, double flybuys points and premium service, eBay Plus provides the best of Australian retail in one feature-packed membership, without the worry of delivery and return fees.”
eBay Plus Key Features
- Free delivery: Delivery included on all eBay Plus purchases, with over 15 million products1 listed
- Free returns: Benefit from free returns on all eBay Plus purchases
- Exclusive deals: Access special deals and discounts only available to eBay Plus members.
- Examples of offers include up to 60% off on popular items and early access to new products
- Bonus flybuys points: Collect double flybuys points on all eBay Plus purchases
- Premium customer service: A dedicated customer support team
eBay Plus follows the introduction of eBay Guaranteed Delivery, which provides faster and more precise delivery times for shoppers. eBay Plus is currently live in Germany, learn more here. eBay Plus in Australia will be available for just $49 for 12 months or for the introductory price of $294. To register your interest, head to ebay.com.au/plusau.
1. Items listed as new and from Australian retailers only, exclusions apply
2. External research commissioned by eBay in May 2018.
3. Calculated using Quantium estimate of 13.6 million online shoppers in Australia
4. Offer available for limited time only