SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace, today announced a limited-time offer for eBay Instant Sale, eBay’s electronics trade-in program that offers customers a quick, simple way to sell their gadgets online. The special offer is available today through Sept. 19 and allows customers to lock-in top-dollar cash offers for their smartphones including up to $400 for the iPhone 4S or $200 for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. Customers can visit www.instantsale.com to secure a top-dollar cash offer for their phones – and even get great offers for non-working devices - in three simple steps.
“With just a few clicks, eBay Instant Sale is putting money in people’s hands and helping them trade-up to new devices, such as the iPhone 5, while ensuring the device they trade ends up in the hands of a new owner or gets recycled responsibly.”
During the special week-long offer period, trade-in offer prices for select smartphones will not decrease. In addition, customers who lock-in a trade-in value for their phone during the offer period aren’t required to ship their phones until Oct. 1, ensuring they won’t go “smartphone-less” before the iPhone 5 is available on Sept. 21.
A sample of special, limited-time cash offers for qualifying smartphones include:
|Apple iPhone 4S 64GB (AT&T)||Up to $400||Up to $125|
|Apple iPhone 4S 16GB (AT&T)||Up to $300||Up to $125|
|Apple iPhone 4 32GB (AT&T)||Up to $235||Up to $100|
|HTC EVO 4G LTE||Up to $200||Up to $65|
|Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX||Up to $165||Up to $60|
|Blackberry 9930 Bold||Up to $165||Up to $55|
|Blackberry 9810 Torch||Up to $155||Up to $55|
|Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB||Up to $115||Up to $30|
How it works: After locking-in their eBay Instant Sale trade-in offer between today and 11:59 PT on Sept. 19, customers have until Oct. 1 to postmark their smartphone for trade-in using the free shipping label provided. Customers will receive payment in the amount of the trade-in value they initially secured once the smartphone is received and its condition is verified, even if values decline from the time the customer locks-in their offer to when they ship the item before the Oct. 1 deadline. eBay Instant Sale provides cash for both working and non-working smartphones, and devices that no longer have trade-in value can be shipped free of charge to be recycled responsibly.
- eBay Instant Sale is the best destination for people to secure cash offers for smartphones and other electronics in 60 seconds or less. Customers can receive an instant cash offer with some of the most competitive pricing on the web.
- Since launching in Oct. 2010, eBay Instant Sale has generated more than 10 million trade-in offers for electronics including phones, MP3 players, game consoles, and more.
- More than six million smartphone trade-in offers have been generated through eBay Instant Sale since the program began.
- Anyone can visit www.instantsale.com and enter basic information about their smartphones or electronics devices to receive a cash offer.
- Payment will be deposited into the customer’s PayPal account once the item has been received and its condition has been verified.
- The eBay Instant Sale mobile app for iPhone lets people get an instant trade-in offer for their tablets and other devices on-the-go.
- In instances where a device has no trade-in value, eBay Instant Sale will responsibly recycle it free of charge, helping to keep harmful e-waste out of landfills.
- According to Demos, a public policy research and advocacy organization, Americans own 3 billion electronic products with a turnover rate of about 400 million units each year, yet less than 14 percent of those gadgets are recycled.
- Giving one used smartphone a new life with eBay Instant Sale can protect up to 50 square feet of forest.
“eBay Instant Sale has generated more than 10 million trade-in offers for customers seeking the value of their electronics. This strong adoption speaks to the convenience of eBay Instant Sale’s simple, fast process and the highly competitive prices we provide for electronics,” said Gregory Boutte, vice president of eBay Electronics and Motors in North America. “With just a few clicks, eBay Instant Sale is putting money in people’s hands and helping them trade-up to new devices, such as the iPhone 5, while ensuring the device they trade ends up in the hands of a new owner or gets recycled responsibly.”
eBay, eBay Instant Sale, iPhone, iPhone 5, smartphone, trade-in, electronics, Apple, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, HTC, EVO 4G, Blackberry, Blackberry Torch, Blackberry Bold
About eBay Inc.
Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers. We do so through eBay, the world's largest online marketplace, which allows users to buy and sell in nearly every country on earth; through PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive digital payments; and through GSI, which facilitates ecommerce, multichannel retailing and digital marketing for global enterprises. X.commerce brings together the technology assets and developer communities of eBay, PayPal and Magento, an ecommerce platform, to support eBay Inc.'s mission of enabling commerce. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.