SAN JOSE, Calif. --(BUSINESS WIRE)--eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace, today announced a smartphone trade-in promotion from today through Oct. 5 for eBay Instant Sale, an electronics trade-in program that has generated more than 2 million smartphone offers since launching in October 2010. The special promotion allows customers to secure a top dollar instant cash offer for select smartphones - including up to $357 for an AT&T iPhone 4 in excellent condition - that can be used toward the purchase of the new iPhone 4S.
“In three simple steps, customers can secure a cash offer to use toward their purchase of the new iPhone 4S and send in their old smartphones with free shipping.”
Customers can visit the eBay Instant Sale iPhone 4S page from today until Oct. 5, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. PST to take advantage of the special promotion and secure some of the most competitive cash offers available for smartphone trade-ins. Qualifying smartphones include the following:
- AT&T iPhone 4: Up to $357
- Verizon iPhone 4: Up to $318
- AT&T iPhone 3GS: Up to $229
- HTC EVO 3D: Up to $200
- HTC Thunderbolt: Up to $200
- HTC Droid Incredible 2: Up to $200
- HTC Sensation 4G: Up to $225
Following the conclusion of the initial promotion period, eBay Instant Sale will feature competitive promotional cash offers for qualifying smartphones from Oct. 6 to Oct. 18, with offer prices subject to change daily.
- eBay Instant Sale is an online tool that gives people an instant offer for cell phones and other electronics in 60 seconds or less.
- eBay customers who visit instantsale.ebay.com and enter basic information about their smartphones or electronics devices will receive an instant offer. Once the offer is accepted, users will receive a free shipping label, and will have seven days to ship their smartphones after securing their trade-in offer. Payment will be deposited into the customer’s PayPal account once the item has been received and evaluated.
- The eBay Instant Sale mobile app for iPhone lets people get an instant offer for their smartphones and other devices on-the-go.
- eBay Instant Sale Smartphone Offers At-A-Glance* - Since launching in October 2010:
- More than 2 million eBay Instant Sale offers have been generated for smartphones.
- 65 percent of all smartphone offers generated are for iPhones (all generations combined).
- Smartphones make up 52 percent of total eBay Instant Sale offers generated for qualifying electronics products.
- Top 10 smartphone offers generated on eBay Instant Sale to date:
- AT&T iPhone 4 16GB
- AT&T iPhone 3GS 16GB
- AT&T iPhone 4 32GB
- AT&T iPhone 3GS 8GB
- AT&T iPhone 3G 8GB
- AT&T iPhone 3GS 32GB
- HTC EVO 4G
- iPhone 3G 16GB
- Samsung Vibrant
- Verizon iPhone 4 16GB
* Data as of Sept. 30, 2011
- Customers interested in additional information and tips, such as how to get a current phone ready for eBay Instant Sale, can visit http://www.ebay.com/iphone.
- If a device has no value, eBay Instant Sale will responsibly recycle it free of charge. According to Demos, a public policy research and advocacy organization, Americans own 3 billion electronic products with a turnover rate of about 400 million units each year, yet less than 14 percent of those gadgets are recycled. eBay Instant Sale provides an engine for the reuse of functional smartphones, keeping waste out of landfills and preventing new manufacturing.
“This promotion provides the perfect opportunity for customers to secure a top dollar offer when trading in their current smartphones in anticipation of the release of the iPhone 4S,” said Gregory Boutte, vice president of eBay Electronics and Motors in North America. “In three simple steps, customers can secure a cash offer to use toward their purchase of the new iPhone 4S and send in their old smartphones with free shipping.”
eBay, eBay Instant Sale, iPhone, iPhone 4S, trade-in, electronics, smartphone, Apple, HTC EVO, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Sensation
eBay Instant Sale iPhone 4S page
eBay Instant Sale
eBay Instant Sale iPhone App
Todd Witkemper, 408-376-8670
- Bao Nguyen, 415-486-3232
About eBay Inc.
Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) is about connecting buyers and sellers. We do so through eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace, which allows users to buy and sell on eBay platforms in nearly every country on earth; through PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive online payments; and through GSI Commerce, which facilitates ecommerce, multichannel retailing and digital marketing for global enterprises. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world’s largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.