SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--X.commerce:
“We acknowledge the high expectations placed on this community, and we’ve ensured that this program raises the bar even higher”
- The beta exam for the Magento Developer Certification will be conducted at the X.commerce Innovate Developer Conference, Oct. 12-13. The X.commerce Innovate Developer Conference 2011 is designed for anyone—systems integrators, developers, merchants—to meet up on all things commerce. For the first time, solutions from beginning to end for any system and storefront will be available for discussion, or even for use.
- The Magento platform, now a part of eBay’s X.commerce business, has been widely adopted in the more than three years since it launched, with more than half a million developers in its community. With an official certification program, hiring managers at technology partners and merchant companies will have an easier time identifying individual developers who are best qualified to meet their needs.
- The Magento Developer Certification exam was created by Magento development professionals with input from an Advisory Board of independent experts from the global Magento eco-system. The exam was developed using the most rigorous industry standards and methodologies, ensuring the exam’s accuracy in evaluating relevant skills.
- The Magento Developer Certification program sets the gold standard for credibility within this rapidly expanding community and provides a valuable service to companies seeking to benefit from X.commerce and the technology developments it enables.
- This Certification offers another reason to join the growing ecosystem of developers working to redefine commerce. The specific goal is to create innovative extensions and applications that benefit the merchants who implement them, as well as transform the shopping process for a new generation of technology-enabled consumers.
- The Magento Developer Certification will be the first certification from the X.commerce ecosystem, with more training and testing programs launching in 2012.
- Participants in the initial beta test will receive a reduced testing fee of $150, a $110 savings off the regular fee of $260. Space is limited and will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- “The phenomenal growth of Magento has already attracted hundreds of thousands of developers to our ecosystem, and we expect this number to keep growing,” said Roy Rubin, co-Founder and GM, Magento. “The introduction of the Magento Developer Certification makes it easier for merchants and partners to connect with experienced, qualified Magento developers, just as it gives developers greater opportunities to promote their skills.”
- “We acknowledge the high expectations placed on this community, and we’ve ensured that this program raises the bar even higher,” said Susie Sedlacek, Head of Services, Magento. “We’ve worked closely with an independent Advisory Board to identify the job skills needed to develop business-level extensions and strong implementations on Magento. Developers who earn the Magento Developer Certification will have demonstrated the expertise needed to serve the needs of a diverse community of Magento merchants and Solution Partners.”
Testing schedule at the Innovate Developer Conference
- October 12 – Session 1 - 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- October 12 – Session 2 - 2:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- October 13 - Session 3 – 8:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- October 13 - Session 4 – 12:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- October 13 - Session 5 – 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. (Only the Standard Exam will be offered during Session 5.)
Developers who pass the exam based on the Beta exam analysis will achieve the Magento Certified Developer or Magento Certified Developer Plus credential and will be notified 4-6 weeks after the conference.
X.commerce – eBay Inc.’s newest business – brings together the technology assets and developer communities of eBay, PayPal and Magento to enable eBay Inc.’s mission of connecting buyers and sellers. Through our ecosystem of developers, partners and tools, merchants now have access to open commerce technology to scale and grow their businesses. For more information, visit www.x.com. Like us on our X.commerce Facebook page and follow @X_commerce on Twitter.
Magento (http://www.magentocommerce.com/) is a feature-rich, open-source, enterprise-class ecommerce solution that offers merchants a high degree of flexibility and control over the user experience, catalog, content, and functionality of their online store. In August 2011, Magento was acquired by eBay Inc., and is now part of the X.commerce division (www.x.com). Launched in 2007, the Magento platform now serves tens of thousands of merchants worldwide, and is supported by a global community of solution partners and third-party developers. Magento Go is a hosted, software-as-a-service solution that provides small and growing merchants with the ecommerce tools they need to succeed online. Based in Los Angeles, Magento, Inc. is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization dedicated to the mission of enabling the ecommerce ecosystem. www.magentocommerce.com
About eBay Inc.
Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) is about connecting buyers and sellers. We do so through eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace, which allows users to buy and sell on eBay platforms in nearly every country on earth; through PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive online payments; and through GSI Commerce, which facilitates ecommerce, multichannel retailing and digital marketing for global enterprises. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world’s largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.