eBay Invites Shoppers to Fill Their Carts with Color at First Virtual Block Party
Vibrant sellers from around the world bring summer to life in celebration of the new brand platform.
Most Americans, 8 in 10, wish there was a place they could go to find new things that reflect the “real them”1 – and eBay has just made it easier to break from the beige conformity of traditional retail. Today, shoppers everywhere can browse an interactive, limited-time experience featuring new must-haves from eBay’s incredible sellers by visiting eBay.com. Curating the best of the marketplace’s billions of items, eBay’s first-ever shoppable summer Block Party invites shoppers to truly fill their cart with color this summer.
The shoppable summer Block Party brings to life the spirit of eBay’s new brand platform “Fill Your Cart With Color,” which celebrates individuality by harnessing the power of personalization and unmatched selection. The Block Party offers a curated sample of eBay’s unparalleled inventory from its diverse sellers. People everywhere can browse and buy based on their individual tastes and interests. From surfboards from Sydney, sunglasses from Paris, guitars from Brooklyn, and more, the Block Party is accessible on desktop, tablet or mobile device via a 360-degree experience.
“The unique global perspective and exceptional merchandise curation offered by eBay sellers are core differentiators that drive a more personalized marketplace experience,” said Hal Lawton, Senior Vice President of eBay North America. “Coupled with the introduction of our new Price Match Guarantee, the Block Party is yet another way that eBay empowers shoppers to access the best selection of must-have and one-of-a-kind items for the summer and beyond.”
This week, eBay also announced a Price Match Guarantee on more than 50,000 deals in the United States, guaranteeing that an eligible deal will be the best price online, or eBay will match the lower price of a competitor. eBay Deals are open to everyone and ship for free – no membership required – and include trending inventory from across all eBay categories.
A recent eBay study also found that most Americans (94%) are proud of their personal taste, even if it doesn’t follow trends1, and eBay is focused on enabling everyone to find their version of perfect. With a reimagined homepage that’s responsive to shoppers’ interests and offers tailored recommendations upon every visit – culled from a selection of more than 1.1. billion listings – eBay makes it easier than ever for people to find the things they love to fill their cart with color. The Block Party features seasonal boutiques with new, in-demand inventory from top eBay sellers across a wide range of interests, including:
- Disrupt Sports (Bondi Beach, Sydney, Australia): Bespoke surfboards, skateboards & yoga mats
- Eyeworld Boutique (Paris, France): Designer sunglasses for every personality
- Material World (Brooklyn, New York, USA): Women’s clothing, shoes and handbags
- Motorcycle Works (Carson City, Nevada, USA): Motorcycle gear, parts and accessories
- Stadium Goods (New York, New York, USA): Rare and in-demand sneaker styles
- Street Sounds NYC (Brooklyn, New York, USA): Guitars from top global brands
- The Beard and the Wonderful (Maldon, Essex, UK): Specialty men’s grooming products
- World Wide Stereo (Hatfield, Pennsylvania, USA): The latest in headphones and speakers
People can also shop Block Party merchandise from US-based sellers using eBay ShopBot via Facebook Messenger by simply searching “eBay ShopBot.” A personalized shopping assistant, eBay ShopBot is powered by Artificial Intelligence – allowing shoppers to text, talk or snap a picture to identify what they’re looking for, and chat directly with a bot who will make personalized suggestions.
For more information, visit ebay.com and follow @eBay on social.
eBay By the Numbers
- eBay has 169 million active buyers worldwide
- 80% of all merchandise sold on eBay is new, and our wide selection keeps growing
- 87% of items sold on eBay are Buy It Now – no bidding necessary
- Approximately 1.1 billion listings at any given time
- 67% of items ship for free
- In 2016, buyers and sellers raised $161 every minute for charitable causes through the eBay for Charity program.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2016, eBay enabled $84 billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
The eBay “Get Real” survey was conducted online by Edelman Intelligence among a total of 6,002 nationally representative U.S. adults ages 18-49, between February 6 – 16, 2017.
Kari Ramirez, eBay
Keri Palazzolo, Edelman
For more information, visit ebay.com and follow @eBay on social. Here are additional photos from the block party: