Today, eBay launched a Price Match Guarantee on more than 50,000 deals in the United States. With this new offering, eBay guarantees that an eligible deal will be the best price online, or eBay will match the lower price of a competitor.
“Shoppers can shop with confidence knowing that they’re getting the best value available on eBay,” said Hal Lawton, Senior Vice President of North America at eBay. “Our eBay Deals selection has grown exponentially since being launched in 2011. The vast majority of our deals are already lower priced or equal to our competitors, but if a shopper finds it for less, we’ll gladly match the price of our competitors.”
eBay Deals already represent some of the best prices available. If a shopper finds a competitor offering the same product for less, once verified, eBay will offer a coupon for the difference in price that can be used towards the purchase of the item. Items eligible for the Price Match Guarantee are:
- New: One of the over 50,000 new items available daily in eBay Deals
- Identical and Available: Both items must be exactly the same and currently in stock
- Competitors: Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Jet.com, HomeDepot.com, Sears.com, Target.com, Walmart.com or Wayfair.com.
Good Deals Every Day – No Membership Required
eBay Deals are open to everyone and always ship for free every day – no membership required – and include trending inventory from across all eBay categories, such as consumer electronics, home & garden, and fashion, at a great value (usually between 20% and 90% off). Over 900 of eBay’s most trusted sellers participate in the eBay Deals platform, ranging from major consumer brands to smaller merchants looking to broaden their customer base. At any given time, there are tens of thousands of items offered through eBay Deals, and ‘featured deals’ are updated at least once a day starting at 8 a.m. PT.
eBay’s Price Match Guarantee follows the recently announced Guaranteed Delivery offering, which will launch later this year and guarantee delivery in three days or less on millions of eligible items. Shoppers will also have the ability to search for and filter items by one, two and three-day delivery.
eBay by the Numbers*
- eBay has 169 million active buyers worldwide
- 87% of GMV on eBay is fixed price
- 1.1 billion listings are available at any given time
- 80% of merchandise sold on eBay is new
- 2/3 of eBay packages are delivered within 3 days or less
- All eBay Deals include free shipping
- Virtually all of the items on eBay are backed by a Money Back Guarantee
- eBay apps have been downloaded 349 million times across the globe
*Based on Q1 2017 data
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2016, eBay enabled $84 billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
Ryan Moore, eBay