eBay Launches Last-Minute Deals Starting on the 10th Anniversary of Green Monday
By: eBay News Team
Shoppers can check everyone off their lists with new deals throughout December, fast and free shipping and more
On Monday, December 11, eBay will celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Green Monday, historically one of the company's busiest holiday shopping days, by launching new deals every hour, and offering shoppers amazing inventory across fashion, electronics, toys and home & garden. Green Monday extends holiday shopping deals, enabling shoppers to find last-minute gifts from millions of items available on eBay every day.
In 2007, eBay experienced one of its biggest sales days on the second Monday of December. In honor of the milestone, eBay named the day ‘Green Monday,’ a term that has since been widely adopted across the retail industry. Whether it’s shoppers logging on after the weekend, waiting for great last-minute deals or simply procrastinating, Green Monday continues to be a big online shopping day and ranked as eBay’s fourth highest sales day in 2016 and the third highest in 2015.
“Historically Green Monday has been one of the biggest shopping days of the year for eBay,” said Scott Cutler, Senior Vice President of eBay Americas. “We see a sense of urgency from shoppers to check people off their lists during this time of the year. On eBay, they’ll find great deals that include fast and free shipping, and we’ll be making it easier than ever to find and fulfill last-minute gift orders.”
To celebrate Green Monday, eBay will be releasing deals every hour, which include:
- Bose Sound Systems (over 50% off)
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer (38% off)
- Samsung 75" 4K LED UHD Flat Screen Panel HDTV with HDR (60% off)
- Black & Decker Robotic Vacuum (68% off)
- Best Choice 5-Piece Complete Drum Set (52% off)
- KitchenAid® 6 Quart Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer (57% off)
Additionally, eBay will have daily Fashion deals and events throughout the week beginning on Green Monday, including:
- Calvin Klein Outerwear (up to 65% off)
- Casio G-Shock Watches (up to 60% off)
- David Yurman Jewelry (30% off)
- New Balance shoes (under $35)
- Ray-Ban Sunglasses for Men and Women (starting at $54.99)
Even More Last-Minute Deals
This year, eBay will surface millions more items late into the holiday season. In addition, eBay will continue to offer Price Match Guarantee on more than 50,000 eBay Deals, ensuring shoppers get the best value on top gifts.
Personalized Gift Cards
Traditional gift cards may seem impersonal, but eBay’s new, highly-personalized gift cards ensure each gift is as unique as the person receiving it. In addition to being immediately available right up until Christmas (and beyond) eBay’s digital gift cards reflect unique styles, passions and hobbies for everyone on your list. So let the yogi in your life choose a new yoga mat they love, or for the outdoor trail runner let them pick out their next pair of perfect running shoes.
‘Did You Check eBay’ Holiday Airstream Multi-City Tour Hits The West Coast
After delighting shoppers in New York City, Chicago, and Denver, the ‘Did You Check eBay’ Holiday Airstream is heading to the West Coast. Shoppers can browse a curated collection of the season’s most sought-after items on eBay’s Holiday Airstream tour. A popular interactive claw machine game offers visitors a chance to win some of the hottest gifts of the season. Shoppers can also receive personalized gifting advice via the Google Home Mini, with a voice-activated quiz powered by eBay’s AI technology. The best part? Everything is available at eBay.com/Airstream and will land on shoppers’ doors within three days.
- Seattle: 12/9 & 12/10: Westlake Center Plaza (400 Pine Street); 12p.m. – 7 p.m.
- San Jose: 12/16 & 12/17: Christmas in the Park (1 Paseo De San Antonio); 1p.m. – 8 p.m.
eBay By the Numbers
- eBay has 168 million active buyers worldwide
- 81% of all merchandise sold on eBay is new, and our wide selection keeps growing
- 88% of items sold on eBay are Buy It Now – no bidding necessary
- 69% ship for free in US, UK and DE
 Price Match Guarantee applies to items from specific retailers (Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, Jet.com, HomeDepot.com, Sears.com, Target.com, Walmart.com or Wayfair.com) that are identical and available, meaning both items must be exactly the same and currently in stock.