It was announced earlier today that eBay received a score of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) 2009 Corporate Equality Index survey.
Now in its seventh year, the HRC Equality Index measures five key areas:
1. Non-discrimination policies
2. Diversity training
4. Affinity groups
5. Marketing and Public Support for gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgenders (GLBT)
eBay received a perfect score in each of the above areas, joining 258 businesses throughout the US (and nearly 130 Fortune 500 companies) to receive a perfect score in 2009.
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
The HRC represents a grassroots force of over 725,000 members and supporters nationwide. As the largest national gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization. HRC envisions an America where GLBT people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, work and in the community.
– The 2009 Corporate Equality Index – Full Report
– HRC Press Release and Statement
– What Businesses are Rated and How to Participate