• To make it easier for sellers to specify item condition, we’re introducing more descriptive values in many categories. In some categories, specifying item condition will be required for new listings, revised listings and sell similar starting on July 27, 2010 and for Good Til’ Cancelled listings in the spring of 2011.
• Opening a case through the eBay or PayPal Buyer Protection program—especially when the buyer tries and is not able to work out an issue directly with the seller—is clear indication of dissatisfaction. That’s why starting in September, along with low DSRs, eBay will consider buyer cases for item not received and item not as described to evaluate seller performance.
• To highlight the most relevant listings from sellers providing great value and service, Featured First—the listing upgrade that allows items to be featured in the top two spots of Best Match search results—will be discontinued.
I also sat down and talked to Dinesh about the key changes announced this morning. Here you go…
For additional information and insight, you’re also invited to:
• Take part in an upcoming webinar on Thursday, April 29.
• Talk with members of staff during the next two days on a special discussion board we’ve set up for this purpose.