The hype is here for All-Star Weekend and eBay, the O.G. marketplace for sneaker and streetwear buyers and sellers, is settling the debate about the top All-Star Weekend kicks.
This year’s top 10 All-Star Weekend list was developed by eBay experts who examined the most popular kicks over the past forty years from the famed weekend, including which styles are rising to the top with shoppers based on overall sales from the past year.
Top Ten All-Star Sneakers according to eBay Sales:
1. Air Jordan 11: When Michael Jordan wore the Jordan 11 Columbia during the 1996 All-Star game, fans rejoiced as it marked his return after a two-year absence. The shoes were designed to perfectly match what would become one of the most iconic All-Star jerseys ever. Consistently breaking sales records year after year, the December release of the Air Jordan 11 Retro has proven to be one of the most significant shoe releases of the four seasons. eBay’s pre-release drop of the “Bred” Jordan 11s, featuring the original colorway from 1996, sold out in less than four minutes.
2. Nike Kobe 7: For the 2012 All-Star game, Nike went all-in with an outer space theme for their signature shoes, and Kobe lead the charge with the Galaxy Big Bang KB7, complete with a glow-in-the-dark sole.
3. Air Jordan 3 Black Cement: The debut of the Jordan 3 at the 1988 All-Star game was a pivotal moment for both MJ and Nike. MJ performed one of his most iconic free dunks in the white colorway and followed up with a stellar 40-point game in the black style the next day.
4. Nike LeBron 9: Keeping up with the galaxy-themed signature sneakers for 2012, LeBron hit the court in an all-orange colorway said to be inspired by the beginning of the universe.
5. Adidas Crazy 8: 1998 marked the first of 18 All-Star appearances for Kobe Bryant and he did not disappoint in the head-to-head matchup against His Airness, Michael Jordan.
6. Nike KD 5: While the all-red silhouette with wood grain details and clear sole never saw the court for the 2010 All-Star game – a bad ankle kept Kobe out – the demand for the shoe never tapered, and it continues to be popular a decade later.
7. LeBron X: Nike’s theme for the 2013 All-Star game was “extraterrestrial” and the Lebron X was released in an unmissable Area 72 Purple and Pink colorway.
8. Nike LeBron 15: Although it was rumored to be a Rose Pink colorway dubbed “Hollywood,” Nike never had an official All-Star sneaker for LeBron in 2018. Instead, LeBron opted for the Kith x Lebron 15 Closing Ceremony colla and took home his 3rd All-Star MVP win.
9. Nike KD 2: In 2010, Kevin Durant made his first All-Star game appearance in a red-black colorway. The sneaker was a standout with a 3M upper finish fit for the first of what would be 10 All-Star appearances and counting.
10. Reebok Pump Omni Lite: Dee Brown put this sneaker on the map during the 1991 Dunk Contest. Dee showcased a display of masterful dunks, capped off by one of the most iconic dunks in All-Star lore – the no-look dunk that secured his 1st place finish.
The LeBron Effect
The LeBron “Monstar” Hype Is Real: In the days leading up to All-Star Weekend, searches on eBay for the LeBron “Monstar” jumped 148% from when the launch was announced.
While we wait to see if the “Monstar” lives up to the hype, LeBron’s current top 5 shoes to beat on eBay are:
1. LeBron 9
2. LeBron X
3. LeBron 15
4. LeBron 14
5. LeBron 13
MJ Still Holds Top Spot
Although the battle for G.O.A.T. may never be settled, Michael Jordan kicks currently top our list with the Air Jordan 11 ahead of this year’s tournament. eBay’s December 2019 sold out, pre-release drop of Air Jordan 11 “Bred” helped him claim the number one spot.