Recapping Black Friday: The Hottest Items Sold on eBay
By: eBay News Team
With the big shopping days arriving, here are top selling items via eBay’s giant data troves.
The biggest holiday shopping days of the year are upon us, and data from eBay is revealing all of this season’s hottest trends. We’re providing several unique ways to visualize this holiday season’s hot gift items, including a heat map graphic that you can interact with for custom views of eBay’s rich transactional data.
Once you’re looking at the heat map, click on any state in North America and then you can sort by product category to see trending gift ideas. In addition, you can check in on eBay’s deals for Cyber Monday here, as well as on eBay’s Holiday Hub.
Based on our data for Black Friday, Nov. 25, here are the notable holiday shopping trends:
Some of the Featured Deals on Black Friday in the U.S.
- xBox Live 12 Month Gold Membership - $48.50 (reg. 59.99) - One sold every 6 seconds
- $100 ExxonMobil Gift Card for $91 - $91 (reg. $100) - One sold every 8 seconds
- $100 Apple Gift Card for $85 - $85.00 (reg. $100) - One sold every 11 seconds
- Nautica Blue or Nautica Classic 3.4 oz EDT Cologne for Men - $7.99 (reg. $49.99) - One sold every 28 seconds
- Crucial MX300 750GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - $169.99 (reg. $199.99) - One sold every 29 seconds
- Egyptian Comfort 1800 Count 4 Piece Deep Pocket Bed Sheet Set - $6.99 (reg. $79.99) - One sold every 30 seconds
What was Hot on Black Friday (U.S. Only)
- A Watch was sold every 3 seconds
- A Pokemon item was sold every 4 seconds
- A LEGO item was sold every 6 seconds
- A Laptop was sold every 9 seconds
- An Apple Watch sold every 13 seconds
- A Fitbit was sold every 15 seconds
- A Drone was sold every 18 seconds
- A Speak Out Board Game was sold every 20 seconds
- An iPhone 7 was sold every 30 seconds
- A Hatchimal was sold every 30 seconds
Most Popular Items in the U.S.
eBay data shows what some of the hottest selling goods are in the U.S., specifically in the categories of toys, fashion and electronics. The top selling items on eBay this Black Friday, Nov 25th, included:
Top 5 selling toys
- Fisher-Price Imaginext Ultra T-Rex
- Dreamgear My Arcade Gamer V Handheld Gaming System w/220 Games
- Fisher-Price Little People City Skyway
- Star Wars Legendary Jedi Master Yoda - Collector Box Edition
- 4CH 6-Axis FPV RC Drone Quadcopter Wifi Camera Real Time Video 2 Control Modes
Top 5 selling fashion items
- Nautica Blue or Nautica Classic 3.4 oz EDT Cologne for Men
- Fila Men's Vulc 13 Casual Shoes
- Eternity by Calvin Klein for Men or Women Cologne, Perfume 3.4 oz
- Ck Be or Ck One by Calvin Klein 3.4 oz Perfume / Cologne Unisex
- Men's Akribos XXIV AK813 Swiss Chronograph Date Stainless Steel Mesh Watch
Top 5 selling electronics
- Xbox Live 12 Month Gold Membership
- Sony PlayStation 4 Slim Launch Edition Black Console
- Google Chromecast (2015) Digital HD Media Streamer
- Sony DualShock 4 Wireless Controller (Jet Black, 2016 Version)
- GoPro HERO4 Camcorder
Mobile on the Rise in the U.S.
eBay’s data also shows that mobile shopping continues to grow. Specifically, on Black Friday, Nov. 25:
- eBay mobile GMB (gross merchandise bought) share vs. desktop increased 15% year-over-year.