For the past 21 years, eBay has been the go-to destination for sneakerheads to collect and sell their coveted shoes. This weekend, the eBay fashion team joined thousands of shoppers that attended Sneaker Con NYC as influential collectors and shoppers looked for that perfect sneaker to add to their collections.
“eBay hosts one of the largest resale markets for sneakers in the world, allowing our buyers to find the perfect pair of sneakers that helps them express their individual style and passion,” said Victoria Perry, eBay’s DMM of Fashion. “At Sneaker Con, we were able to connect with the sneakerhead community, helping them to better understand the value of their shoes through our ‘What’s It Worth Tool.’ And, we also enabled shoppers to browse from the millions of sneakers that are for sale at any given moment.”
With a pair of sneakers sold every five seconds on eBay, the eBay DataLabs team took a look at the past year to see what shoes are the most popular and valuable.
Top 10 Most Valuable Sneakers: (the most scarce styles)*
- Adidas Yeezy 750 Grey
- Nike Jordan 2 Just Don Beach
- Adidas Yeezy 750 Glow in the Dark
- Adidas Yeezy 750 Chocolate
- Adidas Yeezy 750 Pirate Black
- Adidas Yeezy 350 v2 Beluga
- Nike Jordan 12 Wings
- Nike Jordan 4 Pinnacle Black
- Adidas NMD Mastermind
- Adidas NMD Pharrell Human Race
Top 10 Most Popular Sneakers: (based on quantity sold)*
- Nike Roshe One
- Nike Air More Uptempo
- Adidas NMD Triple White
- Nike Jordan 4 Cement
- Adidas Ultra Boost Triple White
- Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged
- Nike Jordan 12 The Master
- Nike Jordan 12 French Blue
- Nike Jordan 12 Flu Game
- Adidas Yeezy 350 Pirate Black
Some Notable Most Expensive Sneakers Sold:
Once in a Lifetime Air Jordan Complete 1 – 30 Set sold for $240,100 through an eBay for Charity auction on February 14, 2016**
Nike Mags sold for a total of $4.4 million with all the proceeds going towards the Michael J. Fox Foundation (this was a total of 1,500 pairs) in 2011.
eBay Sneakers by the Numbers:
- One pair of adidas shoes sold every minute.
- 8,000 searches for “Jordan” sneakers every hour.
- adidas Yeezy 750 Grey is THE most valuable sneaker on eBay during 2016, selling on average for $800+
- Nike was the #1 brand of sneakers bought on eBay in 2016.
- Asics sneakers grew in popularity (by 116%) on eBay when compared to last year.
- Five out of six of the most valuable sneakers sold on eBay during 2016 were Yeezys.
- The Nike Roshe One was the most popular bought sneaker on eBay during 2016.
- The Jordan 4 Cement was the most popular Jordan sneaker sold on eBay during 2016.
*Data based on “new” and ‘Buy it Now” sneakers sold on eBay.com from January 1, 2016 – October 31, 2016.
**Data based on “new” and ‘Buy it Now” sneakers sold on eBay.com from January 1, 2011 – October 31, 2016.