- More than one third of online shoppers collectively spend an estimated $730 million on delivery
- eBay Plus members receive free delivery and returns on 15 million eligible eBay Plus products
- 30-day free trial and Introductory offer of $29
29 May, 2018 — Today ebay.com.au, Australia’s largest online marketplace, has announced the launch of its ultimate shopping membership program, eBay Plus.
Available from mid-June, eBay Plus will give members free delivery and returns on 15 million products1, transforming the online retail space by providing a smarter and more seamless shopping experience.
eBay Plus will revolutionise the retail experience for Australian shoppers. The membership allows shoppers the freedom to compare and choose products from the best in Australian retail on ebay.com.au, without the burden of ongoing delivery costs.
New research reveals that more than a third (36%) of Australia’s 13.6 million online shoppers spend over $71 on delivery each year, with almost 1 in 10 (8%) spending in excess of $2002. For these regular online shoppers, that’s an estimated $730 million they’re spending annually.3
Tim MacKinnon, Managing Director of eBay Australia & New Zealand, said the introduction of eBay Plus is a game-changer for Aussie shoppers and will address the pain-point of delivery costs.
“We know our customers love the value and convenience of online shopping but our research shows the cost of delivery can stack up over time,” MacKinnon said.
“eBay Plus is the ultimate shopping membership. It’s like getting free delivery from your local shopping centre without leaving home. You sign up to eBay Plus and receive free delivery and returns on 15 million items from tens of thousands of Aussie retailers including Myer, Target and Chemist Warehouse.”
“With exclusive deals, double flybuys points and premium service, eBay Plus provides the best of Australian retail in one feature-packed membership, without the worry of delivery and return fees.”
eBay Plus key features
- Free delivery: Delivery included on all eBay Plus purchases, with over 15 million products1 listed
- Free returns: Benefit from free returns on all eBay Plus purchases
- Exclusive deals: Access special deals and discounts only available to eBay Plus members. Examples of offers include up to 60% off on popular items and early access to new products
- Bonus flybuys points: Collect double flybuys points on all eBay Plus purchases
- Premium customer service: A dedicated customer support team
eBay Plus follows the introduction of eBay Guaranteed Delivery, which provides faster and more precise delivery times for shoppers. eBay now guarantees delivery in four days or less on millions of items, with the option to search for and filter items by delivery speed.
eBay Plus will be available for just $49 for 12 months or for the introductory price of $294. To register your interest, head to ebay.com.au/plusau.
- ENDS -
Christine Yangoyan (Pulse) 0420 227 732 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan Bradley (Pulse) 0414 523 486 email@example.com
Notes to editors
1. Items listed as new and from Australian retailers only, exclusions apply
2. External research commissioned by eBay in May 2018.
3. Calculated using Quantium estimate of 13.6 million online shoppers in Australia
4. Offer available for limited time only
About eBay Marketplaces:
eBay is one of the world’s largest online marketplaces, connecting people with the things they need and love virtually anytime, anywhere. eBay has 171 million active buyers globally and more than 1.1 billion live individual and merchant listings at any given time. With mobile apps available in 190 countries, eBay delivers a personalised shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world. Tailored shopping experiences customise buying and selling; and eBay provides variety and choice for sellers by enabling them to offer goods through online, mobile and local channels to consumers around the world. For more information, visit ebayinc.com.