Model turned photographer Candice Lake is set to capture the hottest street style of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia (MBFWA) in a partnership with Fashion Gallery at eBay.
Dubbed Vogue Australia’s “shooting star,” the Australian-born, London-based style snapper counts the fashion bible among her regular showcases and was recently named by Net-a-Porter as one of the top ten bloggers to watch in 2012.
As well as documenting the best street looks from behind the lens during MBFWA, Lake will wear a piece from Fashion Gallery at eBay each day and her look will be captured and shared through all of eBay’s social media platforms.
An early adopter of the street-style photography genre, Lake says it’s the desire to connect with each other through personal interpretations of fashion that makes street style so interesting.
“I just love girls who love fashion and are creative with the way they interpret it,” she says.
“I’m really looking forward to coming home to Australia for Fashion Week, and working with Fashion Gallery at eBay across their newly launched social media platforms gives me the opportunity to do what I love most – sharing my photography and edits with new fashion loving communities.”
Jo-Ann Hicks, Head of Fashion eBay Australia & New Zealand, says Lake is the perfect choice to capture MBFWA’s most stylish.
“Candice’s experience both in front of and behind the camera and her eye for fashion are incredible. We can’t wait to see who captures her attention,” says Hicks.
Editors Notes - Candice Lake
Candice Lake is a London-based street-style photographer and model, and works as Global Client Relations for Paris fashion house Rue De Mail
- Originally from Brisbane, Lake studied law in Sydney before being discovered as a model and moving to Milan. In 2002, she moved to New York and signed with Ford Models, appearing in campaigns for Ralph Lauren, Versus for Versace and J Mendel. She has been photographed by Steven Meisel and Bruce Weber and walked for the likes of Louis Vuitton, Fendi and Chanel
- In 2005 she returned to Australia to study photography and her graduate portfolio was featured in Vogue and later exhibited at the Australian Centre of Photography
- In 2009 she moved to London and began to work on VOGUE.COM UK’s street style pages at the international Fashion Weeks. In 2011, she launched her blog and by September had her first US photographic exhibition on Fashion's Night Out in New York
- She now regularly contributes to VogueUK.com, Vogue US, Vogue Australia, Glamour UK, Glamour.com and Harper’s Bazaar
- Lake was listed in the top 5 street style photographers in the world and listed as a fashion blog to watch by www.net-a-porter.com