Today, in celebration of Earth Day, eBay is shining a spotlight on the environment with a newly launched Earth Month campaign alongside Ellen DeGeneres, Bill Nye, and social business Little Sun to raise funds and support various environmental issues including global conservation efforts for space science exploration, women in the aerospace industry, endangered species and universal access to clean energy.
“It’s important now more than ever to work toward solutions for the various environmental issues we face today, and eBay is committed to raising funds for nonprofits that are at the forefront of these issues,” says Brenda Halkias, General Manager of eBay for Charity. “We’re honored to team up with like-minded people and brands such as Bill Nye, Ellen DeGeneres and Olafur Eliasson's Little Sun who are equally as dedicated to making the world a better place.”
Now through May 1, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. PT at eBay.com/EarthMonth, fans of Bill Nye, Ellen DeGeneres and Little Sun will have the chance to shop and make an impact:
- Be Bill Nye’s guests at a special sneak preview of the Apollo 11 documentary in Washington, DC: A guest and a friend will join engineer, author, TV personality and Planetary Society CEO Bill Nye and Aerospace Industries Association at a special sneak preview of the CNN Films documentary Apollo 11 on the evening of May 14th. Held at a one-of-a-kind venue in Washington, DC, the premier event includes:
- VIP access at the film reception
- Post-film panel discussion with the film’s director, Todd Douglas Miller, and other space exploration leaders and dignitaries
- Take home your very own selfie with the Science Guy
- A framed print of the official movie poster autographed by the director
- Become a member of The Planetary Society
Proceeds will support two organizations: The Planetary Society which works to empower the world’s citizens to advance space science and exploration and the Brooke Owens Fellowship, which serves both as an inspiration and as a career boost to capable young women who aspire to explore our sky and stars, shake up the aerospace industry and help their fellow humans here on planet Earth.
- Ellen DeGeneres Signed Gorilla Sneakers: Ellen has donated a signed pair of her classic yet modern sneakers with a graphic of a gorilla sketch. The sneakers are contoured, cushioned and inscribed with "LOVE", plus the signature ED racing stripe design along the sole adds the perfect mix of comfort and design. One hundred percent of proceeds will benefit The Ellen Fund, a nonprofit that supports global conservation efforts for endangered species.
- Little Sun Exclusive on eBay: Additionally, eBay and social business Little Sun are announcing a new partnership to bring accessible, ethical and sustainable solar solutions to communities around the world. This April, Little Sun is launching its eBay storefront and offering shoppers a limited-edition “Earth Day Duo” bundle through May 1. Designed by world-renowned artist Olafur Eliasson, the special solar bundle includes the iconic Little Sun and Little Sun Diamond solar-powered lamps, for the exclusive price of $42. One hundred percent of the proceeds will benefit vulnerable communities living off the electrical grid.