Hunch surveyed 70,000 users, almost two-thirds of which have purchased or sold items on eBay.
When it comes to taste and interests, how do eBay customers compare to other online purchasers? The folks at Hunch, acquired by eBay in Nov. 2011, decided to find out. Hunch surveyed 70,000 users, almost two-thirds of which have purchased or sold items on eBay. The results are illustrated in this infographic.
Here are some key highlights:
- eBay shoppers are 54 percent more likely than to use Twitter
- eBay shoppers are 48 percent more likely to buy music in the form of MP3s (as opposed to CDs)
- eBay shoppers are 61 percent more likely to be earlier adopters
- eBay shoppers are 38 percent more likely to have tried online dating
- eBay shoppers prefer The Daily Show to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
- eBay shoppers are 40 percent more likely to have a 4-year college degree
In addition to providing insights into current and future eBay customers, this is a great example of Hunch’s ability to provide deep data that enables personalized, relevant shopping experiences. Hunch’s unique ability to deliver recommendations to users based on online data and analysis will enable eBay to deliver relevant recommendations and suggestions for a more personalized shopping experience.