PayPal Acquires Mobile App Developers Duff Research
By: eBay Inc. Staff
PayPal said Wednesday it was acquiring Duff Research, a group of award-winning mobile app developers. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Duff’s team of engineers, writes PayPal Chief Technology Officer James Barrese, will be joining the PayPal technology team to help build creative and simple ways for PayPal’s customers to use the PayPal digital wallet.
“As PayPal continues to be a leader in mobile payments, we are looking for talented engineers with proven mobile experience to help us imagine, develop and deliver products our customers love,” he says.
Duff Research is an innovative provider of full service mobile app development for leading brands and start-ups. Based in Sunnyvale, California, this team of 18 has shipped more than 40 apps. Duff Research has a team of award-winning engineers, who have won four “Best of CES” awards and even two technical Emmys.
eBay Inc. has acquired 12 companies over the past two years.
- In Search of the Brightest and the Best: Celebrating Small Businesses on eBay
- eBay Inc. Reports First Quarter 2016 Results
- eBay's Wine Experience Gives Shoppers a Way to Find the Perfect Bottle of Wine
- Leaning Into the Future of E-Commerce
- StubHub Introduces Virtual Reality to Help Fans Choose their Seat
- The Sharing Economy Pays it Forward