Commenting on eBay Inc’s achievement in the European Great Place to Work® index 2013, Jacob Aqraou, Senior Vice President of eBay Marketplaces EMEA said:
“eBay creates opportunities for millions of people around the world to buy and sell, including many small businesses who trade internationally in order to grow their sales. That is a motivating mission which all eBay employees work on every day alongside our sellers and the broader community. But it’s not just what we do that makes eBay a great place to work, it’s how we do it.”
“From the very beginning, eBay has prided itself on supporting and empowering its employees, and giving them exceptional opportunities. More than 18 years after the company was started, this strong sense of opportunity and fairness continues to run through the company, and employees can see that the business has a positive impact in enabling commerce in the wider world.”
Rupert Keeley, CEO of PayPal in Europe added:
“At PayPal, the quality of our products and services depends overwhelmingly on our people and creating an environment where our employees are engaged, happy and productive represents a major company-wide objective. Working in a comfortable environment where talent, skills and application are recognised is critical to our success, and ensuring this applies across multiple international locations – both large and small – is something we take very seriously. We take pride in being a company where people of diverse backgrounds and personalities can thrive and see this as one of the great things about eBay globally.”
- eBay Inc has achieved 9th place in this year’s ranking of the 25 best workplaces among Europe’s largest companies. eBay Inc was placed twelfth in 2013.
- eBay Inc has also attained a top ten position in the UK, French, Swiss, Irish and German rankings for its eBay Inc businesses in those markets.
- According to the Great Place to Work® Trust index, eBay Inc outperforms the world’s best workplaces in a number of measures relating to camaraderie, respect and fairness.
- You can visit the eBay Careers hub for information on our global job opportunities http://www.ebaycareers.com/europe
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce and payments leader, providing a robust platform where merchants of all sizes can compete and win. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. connects millions of buyers and sellers and enabled $205 billion* of commerce volume in 2013. We do so through eBay, one of the world's largest online marketplaces, which allows users to buy and sell in nearly every country on earth; through PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive digital payments; and through eBay Enterprise, which enables omnichannel commerce, multichannel retailing and digital marketing for global enterprises in the U.S. and internationally. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com. * This adjusted number reflects decision to remove vehicles and real estate GMV from ongoing total GMV and ECV metrics (previously stated ECV for 2013 was $212 billion, incorporating vehicles and real estate GMV).
- The Great Place to Work® Institute is a consultancy specialising in workplace assessment and enhancement. Every year Great Place to Work® surveys some organisations in nearly 50 countries around the world in what has become the world's largest survey of workplaces, providing unrivalled insight into what makes an organisation’s employees tick and how leaders can improve their business performance by understanding and improving their workplace culture. For the 2014 Best Workplaces in Europe lists, Great Place to Work analysed data provided by more than 2.300 companies that represent more than 1.5 million employees.