With lockdown lifting and home entertaining taking centre stage once more, it’s no surprise that there has been an increasing demand for affordable, yet on trend homeware. To help the nation refresh for less, eBay is adding thousands of new stylish items that won't break the bank to its Home range.
To celebrate the expansion, interior designers 2LG Studio have picked out their favourite 10 products from the range, and shared some expert tips to help you kickstart your home refresh. All of the products featured in the range are from small businesses too, so you can shop small and save big.
- Black Double Platform Bed with Wooden Slats (£109.99): A double bed for just over £100? This platform bed adds a stylish, minimalist look to any room. Recommended pairing: a black side table and some bright bedding. Shop now from eBay seller Big Furniture Warehouse
- Zahra Oak Bedroom Furniture (£144.99 WAS £309.98, 53% off): For less than half its original price, this open oak wardrobe is perfect for displaying your most stylish pieces. Shop now.
- Vanity Dressing Table (£124.99 WAS £249.98, save 50%): Perfect for getting ready for socialising with friends, this vanity table has a huge 50% saving. Shop now.
- Duck Egg Blue Duvet Set (£11.99): Get your bedroom spring-ready with this duck egg blue duvet set - under £15 for a king size! Shop now.
The living room is the heart of the home and 2LG say that it’s important to punctuate your spaces with colour, in order to create an atmosphere in each space.
- Stokkvagen Scandi-style plush two-seater sofa (£429): Available in 24 different colourways, this two-seater plush sofa is perfect for introducing a pop of colour to your home. Comfort has been a key priority over the past year, with 789% more searches for ‘sofa’ on eBay. Shop now.
- Pink Velvet Rounded Armchair (£129.99): Bringing elegant style to your living room is this pink velvet armchair. Seriously designer in feel, but without the big price tag. Shop now.
- 2pcs Stacking Coffee Table Set w/ Steel Frame Marble-Effect (£79.99 Each WAS £159.99, save 50%):At half price, these stacking coffee tables are a perfect addition to your living room, with a touch of fashionable marble and steel frames. With 2890% more searches for ‘coffee table’, make sure you grab them before they’re gone! Shop now.
- Tan luxury plush calming pet bed (£14.99): Not forgetting the pampered pet in your life, this luxury pet bed is comfortable, yet trendy and fits in with most decor - all for under £15! Shop now.
- Barbican powder blue stackable metal dining chair (£39.99): With dinner parties taking centre stage once again, 2LG say you can bring a neutral space to life with some colourful statement pieces. Shop now.
With so many people continuing to work from home for the foreseeable, many are choosing to upgrade their office spaces to make for a more inviting workspace.
- Oak Desk (£109): With two drawers for stationery, along with plenty of space for some desk plants, this oak desk is perfect for just £109. Shop now.
- Terracotta Light plant pot (£15.99): This terracotta plant pot is perfect for housing those desk plants - remember to give them plenty of sunlight! Shop now.
2LG Studio said: "Our homes, now more than ever, have to work really hard for us. We have all just spent a long time at home looking at all the things we would like to change or improve. These don't have to be huge changes, small things can make a big difference. We have always loved eBay for sourcing unique vintage items, but have recently discovered their expanded home collection and found some really great brand new pieces from small businesses that can transform your home at great prices."
“We have been really pleasantly surprised with the range of affordable pieces from eBay that can really change the way you think about designing your home. The pink velvet armchairs are a real design statement, and we love the pale blue dining chairs that were designed originally for the Barbican! So chic."
Interior designers Jordan and Russell are the duo behind 2LG Studio. With a passion for making living lovely, 2LG Studio are bringing colour and creativity to homes across the country.
2LG Studio’s top tips to help you refresh your home for less:
- Punctuate the spaces with colour - when we live, work and grow all in the same space it is important to create clear definition between spaces. Visually punctuating those spaces with colour is a good way to help create soft structure in the day.
- Connection with materials - a limited palette of materials will help to connect defined space and create a throughline. Here we have cork, ply and terracotta. Even the garden has connection with the indoor space with this throughline of materials and colours.
- Colour to suit your lifestyle - vibrant blue to energise your work space, calming green for the bedroom, deep burgundy for the inviting living space. Colour has the ability to alter mood and build atmosphere so use it to suit your needs.
- Go Natural - cork, clay, linen. Curated craft pieces to connect you to nature and to your local scene of makers. The kitchen is a great example. Make mealtimes a beautiful calming experience to break up your day by curating a selection of tactile dishes and cups.
- Bring in the colour with statement pieces - colour doesn’t have to come from the walls. Key pieces carefully chosen in complementary shades can bring a neutral space to life. Colourful art can be a great way to bring that colour in. Equally, In the kitchen it is the hero powder blue dining chairs that enliven the natural palette.
- Transformational space - sofa bed, Foldable desk, storage space, moveable room dividers. Helping to keep your space flexible for your needs. Make the most of the space you have with plenty of storage so that everything has its place and furniture that can move or fold away when the space needs to perform a different function. Because life needs flexibility.
Chris Gardner, Trading Director of Home & Garden at eBay said: “over the past year, we have seen an increasing demand for furniture on eBay, spanning from sofas to coffee tables, with people looking for high quality products that aren’t going to break the bank.
Adding thousands of new products to the expanded furniture range allows us to support small businesses, while providing quality and convenience , which we’re seeing our shoppers seek out across the Home category, as they strive to refresh their space for less”.
NOTES TO EDITOR
New data from eBay reveals that after a challenging year, people who are giving their homes a makeover are savvier than ever and caused:
376% more searches for ‘cheap furniture’.
262% more searches for ‘bed’
29% more searches for ‘bunkbed’
848% more searches for ‘sofabed’
789% more searches for ‘sofa’
Comfort, style and top interiors trends are high priorities, causing:
2890% more searches for ‘coffee table’
2877% more searches for ‘travertine tables’
3200% more searches for ‘japandi’
420% more searches for ‘maximalist’
*Based on search data from eBay UK April 10th - May 10th 2021 vs. April 10th - May 10th 2019
2LG Studio’s bio
Founded in 2014 by Jordan Cluroe and Russell Whitehead, 2LG Studio is an Interior Design Consultancy based in South East London, described by the Sunday Times as “the rising stars of the interiors scene”.
According to British Vogue, Jordan and Russell are a defining force in "the future of interiors" with their "soft and squiggly" designs. Their adaptable and personal approach to design allows 2LG to respond uniquely to the specific human needs of each project. Combining Form, function and decorative joy in equal measure.
Originally coming from a theatre background, collaboration has always been key to our work and has naturally progressed into our design ethic. We are driven by the creative desire to give a platform to new talents in the design world as well as giving life to new designs of our own. We are committed not only to seeking out cutting edge new processes and materials, but applying them to the design of people’s homes.
Our award winning Instagram and blog is an outlet for this collaborative voice and acts as a platform to showcase our process and that of other new talents. Jordan and Russell's new book, Making Living Lovely - Free your home with creative design, is published by Thames and Hudson on international release, in which they define their personal design style as "Joyful Minimalism."