- As England heads into the semi-finals, eBay has revealed there has been two “World Cup” related purchases every minute over the last 30 days and five “football” purchases a minute during the same period, as we shopped for set pieces worthy of Maguire and Dele.
- And the action on the pitch is providing us with interior and exterior inspiration. With Team England set for the semi-finals in Moscow, eBay.co.uk has revealed that Brits are scoring wins on the home turf, with interiors inspired by the beautiful game. As football frenzy gripped the nation, eBay.co.uk sold one sofa bed a minute the month of June, with Brits readying their homes for guests and all night game watching.
- We’re also bringing the pitch itself to our gardens and forgoing grass in favour of artificial turf with 18 purchases every hour - a 16% increase in artificial turf sales compared to last summer. And we’re skipping the pub for the comforts of home with 18 home brew kits and five mini fridges sold every hour in the same period.
- As Three Lions fever heats up, shoppers snapped up 12 “England flag” purchases and four “World Cup trophy” related items an hour in anticipation of hopefully bringing the real trophy home later this week.
- The online marketplace also revealed that it has sold a waistcoat a minute since the tournament began – as Gareth Southgate inspired not only the England players, but our nation’s wardrobes.
*All data taken from eBay.co.uk on 07.06.18-06.07.18
For more information, please contact eBay@hellolaunch.co.uk or call 0207 758 3900
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2017, eBay enabled $88 billion of gross merchandise volume.
For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.