Today, we are excited to announce a significant rebrand of our business-to-business (B2B) offering: eBay Business Supply , which brings our Business & Industrial category, our SAP Ariba Spot Buy and eBay Wholesale Deals solutions all under one umbrella. The B2B ecommerce opportunity is enormous – and growing: according to Forrester, the market is projected to grow from $780 billion in 2015 to $1.13 trillion in 2020. With eBay Business Supply, we will continue to address this opportunity head on by offering the broadest assortment of inventory, the best value, and a seamless buying and selling experience for all sizes of businesses.
At eBay, we’re always looking for ways to improve the shopping experience for millions of customers as they browse, discover and purchase from an immense selection of inventory. With eBay Business Supply, we’re making it even easier for businesses from SMBs to large enterprises to buy and sell supplies and equipment across more than a dozen major product categories, including Electrical & Test Equipment; MRO & Industrial Supply; Healthcare, Lab & Life Science; Manufacturing & Metalworking; Restaurant & Catering; and Heavy Equipment. And, because we are one of the world’s largest and most trusted marketplaces, we’re able to help companies navigate some of the category barriers that can discourage B2B ecommerce:
- Selection: eBay is the only one stop shop where customers can find used, refurbished, new, long-tail and in-line selection.
- Ease: eBay is a cost-effective, low-risk channel with a dedicated integration and account management team – and offers an efficient way to ship B&I inventory through our flat rate freight shipping and global shipping program.
- Trust: We have policies and criteria in place to protect buyers and sellers.
- Financing: Through our partnership with Express, we create more opportunities for both buyers and sellers: helping buyers access equipment on eBay through financing options and providing sellers with more buyers who have the funds to purchase.
“As more and more businesses recognize the advantage of B2B ecommerce, we’re making some moves to bolster this category to anticipate and incentivize the market,” said Pooja Piyaratna, Divisional Merchandise Manager of Business & Industrial at eBay. “Rebranding as eBay Business Supply is the latest step in signaling our commitment to driving this category for the benefit of our customers.”
Over the last few years, eBay has announced new offerings and partnerships within the B2B space for both buyers and sellers:
- SAP Ariba Spot Buy: eBay partnered with SAP Ariba to build a solution that allows corporate procurement professionals and employees to purchase millions of Facilities & MRO, Electrical & Test, Technology, Office Supplies, Parts & Accessories and many other business items from trusted, vetted eBay sellers within Ariba’s e-procurement solution. Buyers can even compare their negotiated catalog supplier prices with eBay seller prices which are often lower.
- eBay Wholesale Deals: eBay launched an exclusive marketplace that connects qualified wholesalers—whom we’ve vetted for credibility and low prices—to eBay sellers.
As this category continues to grow, keep an eye out for more news and updates from our eBay Business Supply team.