Magento Go Launches New Features for UK Merchants
By: eBay Inc. Staff
LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Magento, a leading eCommerce platform provider and division of X.commerce, Inc., an eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) company, today announced the release of new UK-specific features for the Software as a Service (SaaS) version of its leading Magento eCommerce platform, Magento Go. To better meet the needs of small online merchants in the UK, these new and localised features are focused on enabling businesses with the flexibility and power they need to build highly-customised, high-performing online stores/eCommerce sites.
“Magento Go is now equipped with additional market-relevant features to help our UK customers more effectively compete in the crowded online space. We’re taking the pain out of selling goods and services online by ensuring our customers are armed with the some of the most flexible eCommerce tools available.”
The Magento Go platform gives merchants and developers additional tools to deliver an end to end seamless shopping experience, including order management, customer analytics and customisable coupons and gift cards. Magento Go delivers a turnkey eCommerce solution that can be customised to meet the needs of any online business. Because there is no hardware, software or coding required, merchants can focus on running and growing their online businesses, their way.
“We’re continuing to see an uplift in merchants based in the UK who are facing unique tax laws and shipping regulations,” said Roy Rubin, general manager of Magento and chief product and customer officer of X.commerce. “Magento Go is now equipped with additional market-relevant features to help our UK customers more effectively compete in the crowded online space. We’re taking the pain out of selling goods and services online by ensuring our customers are armed with the some of the most flexible eCommerce tools available.”
Following its initial launch in February 2011, small businesses in the UK have already set up their online stores with Magento Go. With today’s release, UK merchants will be able to take full advantage of new, market-specific features and capabilities including:
- Local Shipping: Keeping the customer in mind, Magento Go allows merchants to enable Royal Mail shipping. Additionally, merchants can now provide customers with a unit price for items and VAT on an entire order.
- Compliance: Magento Go embeds a Cookie Restriction Mode in which visitors are notified that the site requires cookies for full-featured operations in adherence with the new UK cookie law. For businesses and merchants, this feature makes it easy for your visitors to state their preferences, while ensuring your store remains in compliance with legal requirements.
- Multichannel Selling: Businesses who want to extend their selling power onto eBay can do so seamlessly with Magento Go. The M2E extension makes it easy to manage listings, synchronise stock levels and import eBay transactions and orders directly into the Go admin panel.
- Robust PayPal Capabilities: The platform is PayPal-enabled and incorporates a best-in-class PayPal flow for UK merchants, which has the PayPal Express Checkout built-in. Merchants adopting PayPal have seen an average sales increase of 11- 18%*.
Pricing and Availability
Magento Go is now available for UK merchants starting at £9.99 per month. Businesses can get more information, start a free 30-day trial, or sign up today on the new UK Magento Go site.
The Magento eCommerce platform serves more than 100,000 merchants worldwide and is supported by a global ecosystem of solution partners and third-party developers. Magento is a feature-rich, enterprise-class platform that offers merchants a high degree of flexibility and control over the user experience, catalog, content and functionality of their online store. In August 2011, Magento was acquired by eBay Inc., and is now a division of X.commerce, Inc. (an eBay Inc company).
About X.commerce, Inc.
X.commerce brings together the technology assets and developer communities of eBay, PayPal, GSI Commerce and Magento to support eBay Inc.'s mission of enabling commerce. Through its ecosystem of developers, partners and tools, merchants now have a single point of access to the end-to-end commerce technology they need to engage connected consumers, and scale and grow their businesses.
About eBay Inc.
Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY) is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers. We do so through eBay, the world's largest online marketplace, which allows users to buy and sell in nearly every country on earth; through PayPal, which enables individuals and businesses to securely, easily and quickly send and receive digital payments; and through GSI, which facilitates eCommerce, multichannel retailing and digital marketing for global enterprises. X.commerce brings together the technology assets and developer communities of eBay, PayPal and Magento, an eCommerce platform, to support eBay Inc.'s mission of enabling commerce. We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit http://www.ebayinc.com.
* In an independent survey by Ipsos Public Affairs in July 2010, online merchants reported an average 18% increase in sales since adding PayPal Express Checkout.