Today, on 7/17/17, StubHub, the world’s largest ticket marketplace, releases a list of top events to experience while traveling abroad this summer: “17 in 17.” The 17 in 17 tool empowers summer travelers to build personalized live event itineraries in the 17 countries most visited by American ticket buyers, whether they have a destination in mind or are hoping to discover a new, unique event to experience abroad.
How it works: After selecting their country of origin and preference for music or sports events (or both), users will receive an itinerary outlining the top events in the top 17 countries. From there, users can tailor the itinerary to even more specific music or sports preferences.
“There has been an uptick in American ticket buyers purchasing tickets to events abroad,” said Jessica Erskine, Head of Entertainment Communications for StubHub. “More and more, we are seeing travelers adding live events to their itineraries and travel research checklists alongside top sites and restaurants. Attending a one of a kind music festival, local sporting match or cultural festival offers a unique way to experience a new destination like a local, with locals.”
Top Events in American’s Top Five Favorite International Destinations
Now through the fall solstice, September 22
- United Kingdom
- SPORTING EVENT: Barcelona vs Real Madrid Super Copa España at Camp Nou (8/12)
- MUSIC EVENT: Arenal Sound 2017 (8/1)
- SPORTING EVENT: France vs Netherlands World Cup Qualifiers at Stade de France (8/31)
- MUSIC EVENT: Lollapalooza France (7/22-23)
International Events Trending with Americans this Summer
- Shambhala Music Festival (8/11-8/14): More Americans (58%) purchase tickets for this Canadian music festival than Canadians, who make up 40% of ticket sales. Buyer from 17 different states have purchased tickets to the electronic music festival, featuring acts like beats antique, Boys Noize and The Gaslamp Killer.
- El Clasico (8/12 and 8/15): This soccer match between Real Madrid and Barcelona in Spain is one of the most sought after tickets in the sporting world. Apart from Spanish buyers, Americans have bought the most tickets to the first match in Barcelona, contributing to 18% of tickets sold. The two teams face off again on August 15th in Madrid.
Visit StubHub.com/17in17 today to get a personalized live event itinerary to inspire your travels for what remains of this summer and share it with your friends. Don’t stop at 17, StubHub offers access to unique and unforgettable live events in 48 countries across the globe.