Delivering the Digital Economy
This special report examines the case for seeing post offices not only as vital to the fabric of...
This special report examines the case for seeing post offices not only as vital to the fabric of local communities, but essential to economic development and competitiveness too.
For more information contact:
eBay Press Office
t:0208 6100 111
t:0208 6100 111
- Founded in 1999, eBay.co.uk is the UK’s largest online shopping destination, providing a platform for over 17m unique visitors per month to buy and sell new, unique and used items in a fun and easy way.
- eBay has around 40 million live listings on the UK site, with fixed price goods accounting for the majority (61%) of items sold globally.
- Sellers of all sizes, including 180,000 registered businesses and over 100 well known brands and retailers use eBay.co.uk to reach the UK’s largest online shopping audience.
- The eBay fashion Outlet sells products from over 30 high street brands at up to 70% off the recommended retail price.
- Over 4m shoppers regularly look for Clothing, Shoes and Accessories on eBay.co.uk. Transaction volume on eBay Fashion grew 30% YoY over 2010, outstripping the market.
- In 2010, global eBay sales via a mobile device more than tripled, generating $2 billion in sales – up from $600m in 2009. This is expected to double again in 2011 to over $4 billion.
- Globally an item is purchased every second using the eBay app.
- eBay.co.uk is owned by eBay Inc, which has expanded to include a range of brands that help consumers find and purchase the goods they want including eBay, PayPal, Shopping.com, RedLaser, Milo and others.