eBay Fashion Launches the Spring / Summer 12 Collection
UK campaign celebrates British women’s individual approach to style
eBay.co.uk, the UK’s biggest online fashion marketplace, launches its Spring/Summer 12 Collection on 23rd April. To showcase the new season collection, eBay selected five women recognised for their individual style to model the latest spring/summer trends. These five faces to watch in 2012 are:
- Eleonora Carisi, Italian fashion blogger and designer, regularly photographed for her fashion forward street style by blogs such as Facehunter and The Sartorialist
- Lara Jade, 22 year old up-and-coming New-York based British, fashion photographer, who started her own successful business at the age of 17
- Amal Fashanu, 23 year old British-born TV presenter and daughter of John Fashanu
- Anda and Masha, New York based stylists, bloggers and hat designers working in partnership
The 80 piece collection shot both in studio and through ‘street style’ encourages shoppers to find their own personal style, mixing and matching high street pieces with one-off vintage items. The range of new and in season branded fashion, featuring brands such as French Connection, Dune, L.K. Bennett and House of Fraser, encompasses the best of the Spring/Summer trends allowing shoppers to mix and match print with pastel and palazzo trouser with silk tees.
With over 100 high street brands being sold directly on eBay.co.uk coupled with online boutiques, international sellers and the vintage treasures that make eBay so special, there’s no better place to get your inspiration for spring summer.
Notes to editors
Blog: eBay Style Collective
- For copies of the eBay Spring Summer Look Book, fashion images or details of the fashion bloggers please contact the eBay team at Shine: eBayteam@shinecom.com or 02071007100
- There are fourteen retailers and brands included in the Spring/Summer campaign:
- Baron Jon
- Blue Inc
- French Connection
- House of Fraser
- Joe Browns
- M&M Direct
- Moda in Pelle
- Very Clearance
eBay Fashion fast facts
- There are over 40,000 online fashion businesses trading on eBay.co.uk whose primary business is Clothing, Shoes and Accessories.
- This includes over 30 high street retailers – this has grown from a standing start in March 2010.
- In one month, 4 million shoppers looked for Clothing, Shoes and Accessories on eBay.co.uk – this has increased from around 2 million in March 2010.
- eBay’s UK fashion business grew by between 20-30% in 2011 YoY, outpacing the growth rate of UK ecommerce generally.
- The most expensive item sold in the clothing shoes and accessories category in the UK last year was a Hermes Birkin handbag for £4,800.
- A piece of women’s clothing is sold every second on eBay.co.uk.
- A woman’s handbag is sold every 8 seconds on eBay.co.uk.
- Founded in 1999, eBay.co.uk is the UK’s largest online shopping destination, providing a platform for over 17m unique visitors per month to buy and sell new, unique and used items in a fun and easy way.
- eBay has around 30 million live listings on the UK site, with fixed price goods accounting for the majority (61%) of items sold globally.
- Sellers of all sizes, including 180,000 registered businesses and over 100 well-known brands and retailers use eBay.co.uk to reach the UK’s largest online shopping audience.
- eBay.co.uk is owned by eBay Inc, which has expanded to include a range of brands that help consumers find and purchase the goods they want including eBay, PayPal, Shopping.com, RedLaser, Milo and others.