As we approach the anniversary of the Royal Wedding, Oxfam is preparing to launch a fantastic online weddings auction via eBay, offering future brides and grooms the chance to bid on exclusive items for a fraction of the normal retail price.
The online wedding auction, supported by leading bridal blog Love My Dress, will run on eBay from the evening of Sunday 29th April to Wednesday 9th May 2012.. The auction will feature over 100
items with a combined retail value of £70,000, including a package with an award-winning reportage photographer and celebrity hair-stylist worth £15,000, wedding gowns by top designers such as
Jenny Packham, Sassi Holford and Tammam, and a flower girl dress by Nicki Macfarlane who made The Duchess of Cambridge’s bridesmaids’ dresses last year. Other bridal must haves include
an exclusive consultation with Ian Stuart and choice of any of his Killer Queen dresses; a private consultation with sought-after wedding planner Sarah Haywood and the chance to meet cake-maker
extraordinaire Peggy Porschen; flowers from florists such as By Appointment Only and Philippa Craddock
Couples who win items won’t just get something special for their big day; their money will go to supporting people to re-build their lives through Oxfam Unwrapped’s emergency work.
eBay spokesperson Laura Wilkinson comments; ‘cash savvy brides to-be-can save a fortune by using eBay in their wedding planning. Over 45,000 wedding dresses have been sold in the last three months alone, which equates to a staggering 22 per hour. We understand that every penny counts when it comes to planning a wedding, so with the average selling price of a dress on eBay costing a bargain busting 96% less than that on the high street there’s definitely a bargain to be had. The Oxfam online wedding auction not only offers future brides and grooms the chance to buy designer dresses, luxury getaways and exclusive bridal services without paying high street prices, but it also contributes to Oxfam’s emergency work, helping people rebuild their lives.”
For more information on the fabulous items available and details of the auction go to: www.ebay.co.uk/oxfam
Notes to Editors
Other items up for auction include:
- Photography packages from Kat Hill, Fiona Kelly and Kat Forsyth.
- Video packages from Philip White and Shoot it Yourself.
- Free venue hire at Senate House.
- An exclusive consultation with Charlotte Balbier, including a vintage afternoon tea, and pick of any of her 50 wedding dress and accessories.
- Any Vintage Wedding Dress company dress from the Original Vintage collection or Decades Collection.
- Designer wedding gowns from Claire Pettibone, Joanne Fleming, Suzannah, Minna, Sally Lacock and Sabina Motasem.
- Bridesmaids dresses from Twobirds bridal, Luellas Boudoir and Maids to Measure.
- Groomwear from My Tuxedo and Tweedmans Vintage.
- Flowers from Hayford and Rhodes, Green & Gorgeous and Blooming Green Flowers
- Wedding cakes and sweets from Pop Bakery, Cake Maison, Elizabeth’s Cake. Emporium, Crumbs couture, Maki’s Cakes, Bea’s of Bloomsbury and a ‘cheese’ cake from House of Cheese.