eBay Motors Team unveils new BMW 125i design for 2013 BTCC Season
Today Colin Turkington, the 2009 British Touring Car Champion, Rob Collard and Nick Foster, alongside WSR Team Principal Dick Bennetts pulled off the covers to reveal the brand new eBay Motors BMW 125i M Sport, with NGTC specification, for the 2013 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) season. The new-look car has evolved from last year’s white base and now features a sleek dark grey design with electric flashes of colour. It marks the next exciting chapter of eBay Motors involvement in the BTCC.
The vibrant splashes of colour, painted against the sleek dark grey, add a wow factor to the already impressive BMW. The man behind the selected design is Nick Moss, the renowned designer of a number of Australian V8 Supercars teams.
The unveiling took place at eBay’s offices in London to showcase the car ahead of the official BTCC media day at Donington Park on 21st March.
Colin Turkington the new driver of eBay Motors Team’s returns to the track eager to reclaim his title after a three-year break from the BTCC. Joined by Rob Collard and Nick Foster, the trio launch a three-man attack on the championship driving for eBay Motors behind the wheel of the West Surrey Racing (WSR) designed and built cars.
Colin Turkington, said: “The car looked great on track last week at Brands Hatch and I really like the cool new design! I’m itching to get back on the grid and feel confident that the eBay Motors Team will be a serious contender for the 2013 BTCC championship with the BMW 125i. Bring on Brands Hatch on the 31st March.”
Dick Bennetts, eBay Motors Team (WSR) Team Principal, added: “I am really excited about the upcoming season; we have a strong driver line-up and three great new BMW cars.
“We have recruited leading BTCC design engineer Kevin Berry, whose NGTC experience has been invaluable in the development of the BMW 125i M Sport. While we face a steep learning curve, we have the right car and the right team in place to ensure we have a very competitive season. We are immensely grateful of the support from eBay Motors and BMW, who share our vision of success and the potential of this great team.”
Andrew Hooks, eBay’s Head of eBay Motors, said: “With the 2013 BTCC season just around the corner, we are thrilled be able to unveil the fantastic new design of the eBay Motors BMW 125i. eBay Motors has continued to go from strength-to-strength and the BTCC sponsorship gives us a great opportunity to connect with fans through our shared passion for motoring – we wish our drivers and all the team the very best for the season ahead.”
This year marks the fourth season in the BTCC for eBay Motors, the UK’s leading online automotive marketplace with over 27 million parts and accessories that last year saw a vehicle sold every 36 seconds, and it looks set to be the most exciting yet. The partnership with WSR reflects the shared passion for cars and motorsport enabling eBay Motors to connect and engage with automotive fans of the BTCC.
eBay Motors Team will soon be announcing a number of BTCC race weekend initiatives for fans to share and experience their passion with other fans - this will include a variation of the hugely popular race simulator that appeared at select 2012 rounds.
The first race of this year’s Championship takes place at Brands Hatch on the 31st March 2013, with the Media Day at Donington on the 21st March.
To keep up to speed with all the news on the car development and the drivers’ preparations visit www.ebaymotorshub.co.uk and follow us @ebaymotorsbtcc #ebaymotorsunveil
== ENDS ==
NOTES TO EDITORS
For more information please contact:
Byron McCaughey, Generate Sponsorship
Tel: +44 845 241 8111; email email@example.com
About eBay Motors
- eBay Motors is the UK’s leading online automotive marketplace with more than 25 million listings and 240,000 cars and motorcycles for sale.
- 3.5 million unique visitors per month to buy and sell new, unique and used items on eBay Motors
- eBay Motors BTCC team sponsorship helps us to develop our brand in the UK by engaging with our target audience of motoring enthusiasts
- Founded in 1999, eBay.co.uk is the UK’s largest online shopping destination, providing a platform for more than 17 million unique visitors per month to buy and sell new, unique and used items.
- eBay has around 60 million live listings on the UK site, with fixed price goods accounting for the majority (65%) of items sold globally.
- One in two online buyers in the UK visits eBay.co.uk every month
- Sellers of all sizes, including 190,000 registered businesses and more than 100 well-known brands and retailers use eBay.co.uk to reach the UK’s largest online shopping audience.
- eBay.co.uk is owned by eBay Inc, which has expanded to include a range of brands that help consumers find and purchase the goods they want including eBay, PayPal, Shopping.com, RedLaser, Milo and others.
- eBay’s refreshed logo is rooted in its proud history and reflects a dynamic future. It’s eBay today: a global online marketplace that offers a cleaner, more contemporary and consistent experience, with innovation that makes buying and selling easier and more enjoyable. eBay have retained core elements of its logo, including the iconic colour palette. The vibrant eBay colours and touching letters represent its connected and diverse eBay community – more than 100 million active users and 25 million sellers globally and growing.
WSR (West Surrey Racing) was founded in 1981 by Team Principal Dick Bennetts and since then has built an enviable reputation within motorsport through its history of success. WSR spent over 10 years racing in F3 and won over 70 races with motorsport stars including Ayrton Senna, Mika Hakkinen, Jonathan Palmer and Rubens Barrichello.