Fashion Forward winners Michael Van Der Ham, Holly Fulton and David Koma will have their shows live-streamed direct to smartphones this Fashion Week via eBay blog, Style Collective. Readers can view the shows as they happen from their desks, at home or out and about on mobiles.
eBay will also be supporting former Fashion Forward recipient Henry Holland by live-streaming his House of Holland catwalk show. Fans can watch the show and then directly shop a capsule collection that has been developed by House of Holland exclusively for eBay.co.uk and inspired by the label’s AW13 signature prints. All proceeds from the range will be donated to Cancer Research UK and will be available as the first model walks down the runway at 7pm on Saturday 16th February until midnight on Sunday 24th February.
To watch the shows visit eBay’s fashion blog www.stylecollective.ebay.co.uk via your mobile or desktop at the following times:
House of Holland 7pm, Saturday 16th February
David Koma 8pm, Saturday 16th February
Holly Fulton 9.30am, Sunday 17th February
Michael van der Ham 11am, Monday 18th February
Join the conversation @eBayFashion_UK #eBayLFW
The House of Holland for eBay collection will be available to buy online from: http://fashionexclusives.ebay.co.uk/
- Ends –
For more information, please contact Shine Communications on 0207 100 7100 or email:
Bernie Glendennan Bernie.Glendennan@shinecom.com
Ashley Deverell email@example.com
Molly Whitehall firstname.lastname@example.org
eBay in the UK
- Founded in 1999, eBay.co.uk is the UK’s largest online marketplace, providing a platform for over 17 million unique visitors per month to buy and sell new, unique and used items.
- There are around 60 million live listings on the UK site, which has tripled from 20 million in 2009.
- One in two online buyers in the UK visits eBay.co.uk every month.
- eBay.co.uk receives around as many visitors per month as London’s Oxford Street.
- Nearly twice as many people visit eBay.co.uk every month than visit the UK’s four leading shopping centres in the same period.
- eBay is consistently one of the most visited UK retail sites, with around a 15% share of total UK online shopping visits.
- 190,000 registered businesses are currently trading on the site – up from 120,000 in 2009.
- There are over 600,000 consumer sellers and 40,000 businesses within the fashion category trading on eBay.co.uk.
- Over 4.5 million shoppers visit the fashion category every month. This has increased from around 2 million in March 2010.
- eBay’s UK fashion business grew by between 20-30% in 2011 year on year, outpacing the growth rate of UK e-commerce generally.
- Over 600 dresses are sold every hour on eBay.co.uk.
- A woman’s handbag is sold every 8 seconds on eBay.co.uk
 Nielsen Netview March 2012
 eBay internal data (Daily Live Listing Count)
 Six out ten adults shop online (OECD report, The Future of the Internet Economy, 2012)
 London Oxford Street has on average 18.49 million visitors a month (Westminster City Council).
 Bluewater, 2.3 million average visitors a month; Lakeside, 2 million average visitors a month; Westfield Stratford, 3.87 million average visitors a month; Westfield London, 2.25 million average visitors a month. (Data from their own websites).
 Experian Hitwise August 11, 2012