Say I Do-ugh
eBay.co.uk reveals secrets of 2018 weddings
With Meghan and Harry, and Eugenie and James setting the tone for a year of high-profile weddings, eBay.co.uk has revealed that 2018 is the year of the blushing (pink) bride.
The online marketplace, has revealed the months of January and February as critical when it comes to planning the big day. As it appears that brides-to-be are scrolling on Sunday’s to find their perfect ‘wedding dress’, with more than 50,000 searches for ‘wedding dress’ on site in the last month alone – that’s one every minute! The online marketplace has also listed some of the key trends this year that wedding planners are keeping hush hush.
- (Pink) Sapphire so good- Those looking for engagement rings are taking a lead from Princess Eugenie, with double the amount of searches for 'pink sapphire' on eBay.co.uk during the week of the announcement, compared to the previous week. 1]
- Blushing Brides- It isn't just our fiancé we see in rose tint spectacles, brides-to-be are following in the footsteps of Agyness Deyn and Gwen Stefani and opting for a 'pink wedding dress', with nearly 600 searches in the last month- that's one search per hour ! and with nearly 160,000 current listings for wedding dresses on site , , and 170,000 white dresses sold in the last three months alone3],, the online marketplace has styles ranging from Miranda Kerr's Dior dazzler to Serena William's stunning Alexander McQueen gown
- Dough-nuts for each other- It's not just dessert tables that we're sweet on for the big day, eBay.co.uk has seen nearly 400 searches for 'doughnut wall' in the last month alone- that's one search per hour ! ! And with nearly 20,000 tags for #donutwall on Instagram, it's safe to say that doughnuts will be 'sticking' around !
- You've got Mail- And with two royal weddings on the cards this year, it appears that brides and grooms are opting for their own E.R in the room with a clear focus on wedding stationery in the New Year- with data from eBay.co.uk showing that January 1st is the most popular day to search for wedding invitations and more than 7,000 searches for 'wedding post box' in the last month alone ! Currently the site has nearly 10,000 listings for wedding stationery on site, including everything from watercolour masterpieces to rustic country invites.
- Wedding (M) ARCH- With celebrities like the Kardashians favouring colorful balloon structures at social events In the sunshine state, brides dreaming of a spring or summer wedding are letting nothing get in their arch-way, with nearly 1000 searches for 'wedding arch' in the last month- that's one search every hour !
For more wedding inspiration, make sure you check out : https://www.ebay.co.uk/