Back in June, I wrote about the eBay Mobile application being made available for US customers. In the 2 months it has been available in the US it has quickly become one of the more popular choices in its category in the iTunes App Store and averages thousands of downloads a day.
eBay announced today that in addition to the US, Canada and Australia, eBay Mobile is now available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, UK, Spain and Switzerland.
The eBay Mobile Application features:
- Immediate access to Search and “My eBay at a glance” so buyers and sellers can stay on top of their listings.
- Personalization with the user’s My World avatar.
- Ability to view activity on watched items.
- A search of all eBay auction style and fixed-price listings. A refined button allows users to narrow a search by category, price or listing type.
- Read the seller’s complete description as it was meant to be viewed.
- A filmstrip viewer that makes use of multi-touch to view and zoom in on listing photos.
I downloaded for my iPod Touch recently and have to say I find the functionality and ease of use to be pretty slick. Still, of the three ways in which I currently access eBay (iPod Touch, Desktop Application and ebay.com), I use the Desktop Application the most. However, I realize this is because I’m primarily accessing as a buyer and not a seller. I haven’t seen any updates over on the Desktop Blog since July so I’m not holding my breath on them adding seller optimization to the Desktop App anytime soon.