eBay Launches #eBayElves - The World's First Social Gift Concierge
eBay has announced the launch of #eBayElves, the world’s first social gift concierge, to help solve Christmas conundrums around the country and make this holiday season a little less stressful.
Four specialist gifting helpers will be on hand to solve present-hunting predicaments until 20th December 2015 (perfect for those last minute purchases) and can be reached simply via Twitter @eBay_uk using #eBayElves. One of the experts will respond with a hand-selected suggestion from the millions of items available from ebay.co.uk. They may even reply with a carol or two!
From Secret Santa solutions to Peppa Pig promises, each one of the #eBayElves has been chosen for individual expertise to ensure shoppers have the greatest gift ideas, direct from the world’s most vibrant marketplace:
The epitome of the modern mum: chic, cool and wows everyone with her top tips on kids, activities and family fun
Her creativity and cooking expertise make her an absolute aficionado on throwing the perfect Christmas party [even on a budget]
He’s the lovable Essex lad, who will find you the most memorable Secret Santa, as well as the best deals in town to impress your colleague or your boss
Thoughtful and funny, Greg will handpick the most original gifts and share some awesome gift-wrapping ideas for a very contemporary Christmas
To coincide with the launch of #eBayElves, the online marketplace has commissioned research to delve into the British gifting psyche this Christmas:
· When it comes to choosing gifts, men – it seems - have less confidence in their abilities than women (it’s the 16-24 year olds that are the most confident shoppers)
· For those on a budget - do not fear! According to the research, showing thoughtfulness in the giving, is the single most important thing to Brits
· Liverpudlians are the most excited versus Birmingham who find the least joy in seasonal shopping
· 21% Londoners would surprisingly rather pay a premium for someone else to do their Christmas shopping for them
· Interestingly, most Brits who buy gifts would rather spend the day with their relatives than go Christmas shopping (37%) with 16% men admitting they would rather have the flu for the day than hunt for gifts!
· Nearly one in five men have admitted to twisting the truth – telling their families that they are Christmas shopping just to escape them
The TOP 5 Items Brits wants for Christmas this year:
1. Clothes, shoes and accessories [1 in 5 Londoner’s put this as their most desired gift]
2. A holiday
5. Cosmetics and toiletries
So Tweet the #eBayElves for all your gifting needs
[@eBay_uk using #eBayElves]
For more information on Black Friday 2015 please contact Exposure (on behalf of eBay) on: email@example.com // 0207 907 7130
Notes to Editors:
* This study was conducted in Great Britain via TNS Ncompass, an Internet omnibus survey. A sample of 2,471 British Adults aged 16-64 were interviewed. Interviewing was conducted by online self-completion from 17th - 28th September 2015. The sample has been weighted to represent the adult (16-64) population of GB.
Established in 1995, today eBay is one of the largest marketplaces in the world with 158 million active buyers and 800million listings worldwide. Our mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection. The eBay mobile app has been downloaded over 291million times. Through eBay.co.uk, shoppers can access the products of over 200,000 small businesses from across the UK, and shop the items of independent sellers and big name brands. Through eBay UK’s partnership with Argos, shoppers are able to Click and Collect at around 800 UK and Northern Ireland Argos stores, with over three million parcels sent using the service since 2013.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY)
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader including the eBay, StubHub and eBay Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2014, eBay enabled $83 billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.