eBay unveils new fashion campaign
eBay, the UK’s leading online marketplace, is unveiling a new fashion advertising campaign to promote its Fashion Outlet.
The autumn-winter adverts will feature fashion items from some of the leading brands that sell through the site, including House of Fraser, Office and La Redoute, Joe Browns and Very Clearance.
The campaign strapline, “The clothes you love direct from the brands you love”, reflects the growing number of high-street retailers that use eBay to reach the site’s 96 million users across the globe. The sale of in-season stock on eBay’s Fashion Outlet, has secured shoe retailer Office, 50,000 new customers.
Outdoor ads will appear on billboards and in stations in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Liverpool and Sheffield from 3rd October, lasting two weeks.
Print activity will start on 4th October, with ads in women’s weekly lifestyle magazines, including Grazia, Hello and More, and in early November for women’s monthly magazines, such as Marie Claire and Glamour.
eBay’s Fashion Outlet launched in April last year, and now hosts over 100 fashion brands and 30 high-street stores including Superdry, Bench, Ted Baker and Jigsaw, offering shoppers the best deals and discounts on new, branded goods up to 70% off.
The fashion category on eBay is outpacing the market, with transaction volume growing 30% year on year over 2010, attracting over four million customers searching for items each month.
Miriam Lahage, VP of Fashion for eBay said:
“We’re attracting growing numbers of shoppers to our Fashion category as consumers want to choose from a huge selection of products, from the brands they know and love, at great prices. Our latest campaign showcases the unique fashion offering available on our site - only on eBay can you get the combination of the biggest brands and the best of the high street, combined with that special vintage find, and that illusive top from last season.”
The campaign was developed by DDB Tribal in Germany, with Carat responsible for the outdoor and print media buying. Essence is running the digital element of the campaign, with a presence across a wide range of fashion sites, bespoke online integrations and sponsorships with influential fashion bloggers going live from 17th October. The campaign will also feature a social media element, targeting fashion enthusiasts on Facebook and encouraging them to explore the Outlet.
For further information please contactany member of the eBay team at Blue Rubicon on 020 7260 2700 oreBay@bluerubicon.com
• Founded in 1999, eBay.co.uk is the UK’s largest online shopping destination, providing a platform for over 17m unique visitors per month to buy and sell new, unique and used items in a fun and easy way.
• eBay has around 40 million live listings on the UK site, with fixed price goods accounting for the majority (61%) of items sold globally.
• Sellers of all sizes, including 180,000 registered businesses and over 100 well-known brands and retailers use eBay.co.uk to reach the UK’s largest online shopping audience.
• The eBay fashion Outlet sells products from over 30 high street stores at up to 70% off the recommended retail price.
• Over 4m shoppers regularly look for Clothing, Shoes and Accessories on eBay.co.uk. Transaction volume on eBay Fashion grew 30% YoY over 2010, outstripping the market.
• eBay.co.uk is owned by eBay Inc, which has expanded to include a range of brands that help consumers find and purchase the goods they want including eBay, PayPal, Shopping.com, RedLaser, Milo and others.