eBay Celebrity and Brad Pitt’s Make It Right Host Gallery Exhibition Benefitting New Orleans’ Lower 9th Ward
By: eBay Inc. Staff
The exhibition brings celebrity auction items to life in New York’s famed Chelsea Market, benefiting charity.
Editor's Note: The following press release was published on PRNewsire on Feb. 8, 2012.
Celebrity experiences and memorabilia to be showcased Feb. 9 – 12, 2012 at New York’s Chelsea Market
eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace, is teaming up with Brad Pitt’s Make It Right to take charitable fundraising to a whole new level. Fans are invited to walk through a gallery featuring one-of-a-kind celebrity experiences and memorabilia to be auctioned off on eBay Celebrity. The elite exhibition brings celebrity auction items to life in New York’s famed Chelsea Market, with 100% of proceeds going to Make It Right, a non-profit foundation building homes in New Orleans’ Lower 9th Ward. Launched in November, eBay Celebrity is a unique shopping destination that combines celebrity experiences, memorabilia and merchandise with philanthropic causes.
Auction items include a diverse range of memorabilia and experiences from celebrities spanning sports, movies, television, music and pop culture with all proceeds benefitting Make It Right, including:
- A custom designed Bottega Veneta gown Charlize Theron wore on the red carpet at the Toronto Film Festival premier of North Country
- A set of scrubs from ER signed by George Clooney and the original cast members of the television show
- An autographed Baby Taylor guitar from Katy Perry
- A tennis session with Kevin Spacey
- A lunch with Rachel Zoe and her husband Rodger Berman, a tour of her Beverly Hills headquarters, and a hair and makeup session with Joey Malouf
- A 30 Rock set visit for four to meet Alec Baldwin
- A custom designed Marc Bouwer gown Rachael Ray wore to the 2011 Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards
- An autographed basketball from Chris Paul and two VIP tickets to an upcoming Los Angeles Clippers game
- Concert tickets to see Sting in South Africa and a boxed CD set
- Dinner for eight with Mario Batali
“We are thrilled to bring the eBay online auction experience to life in a physical and interactive gallery where fans can connect with their favorite celebrities,” said Richelle Parham, Chief Marketing Officer for eBay. “eBay has consistently been the platform of choice for celebrities and their fans looking to raise funds for charity; and we a delighted to help Make it Right reach their fundraising goals.”
Auction items will be featured in an interactive multimedia gallery exhibition at New York’s Chelsea Market and open to the public starting Feb. 9 through Feb. 12. Electronic devices add a hands-on element to visually innovative displays and attendees can participate in an interactive bidding process that features dimensional QR codes, utilizing the eBay mobile app to bid in real time as well as track auction progress.
Fans outside of New York can find details of each auction item and experience by downloading the eBay app for mobile devices, or online at www.ebay.com/makeitright. Bidding starts online 3 p.m. EST Feb. 8 and will conclude 3 p.m. EST Feb. 15.